It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Streak of light makes a "Z" turn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
At approximately 11:40pm 8/18, I observed a streak of light in the sky in the Metro Boston, MA area while shore fishing. It appeared to be a shooting star, or a meteor entering the atmosphere at first, then it changed direction. It made a 90 degree or so turn upwards, then another 90 degree turn (in a "Z" pattern) and continued to travel in the same direction as it originally was. It was a white glowing spherical shape with a tail. I noticed after it made the second turn that the area around the white glow was black. It was noticeable due to the light cloud cover which was slightly illuminated by the city lights.

Did anyone else in the area see this?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Ah, no mystery there. It's only Zorro.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Sounds intriguing, you should report it to MUFON while it's still fresh in your mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I hope somebody else saw it, or it was caught on camera. It happened fast so I suppose maybe CCTV or something.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Off topic, but do you play EVE Online? The ships in your avatar look like the Caldari from the game.

Was thinking of subscribing.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Vey interesting read OP

On possible related news, I hear Zorro now owns a light sabre

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

That's original, seeing that someone posted the same thing above.

By the way, isn't the purpose of this website to "deny ignorance"? Guess you missed that memo.

dmorgan:

It is from EVE. Good game. Haven't played in a while though.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK

That's original, seeing that someone posted the same thing above.

By the way, isn't the purpose of this website to "deny ignorance"? Guess you missed that memo.

Oh crap

I didnt actually see that

And by the way, I wasnt making fun of you.....so I dont know where you figured that out

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

My bad then. I took i the wrong way.

I forgot to add that there was a meteor shower about a week ago. Never seen a meteor turn. Anyone else?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

I have never seen a meteor turn and seriously doubt that they can. However, I have seen other things turn and do zig zags... things that just completely baffle me, but the things I have seen blink and are not solid. If I understand correctly, what you saw was solid with no flashing? Just like a meteor, only zig zagged? I use to think there was a scientific explanation for pretty much everything out there, but there have been lots of unexplained things in the sky lately... things that just defy explanation, no matter how you look at it and I think it's very possible that you have seen one of those things. There has to be something going on because these strange things are becoming all too common. Yeah, that's pretty much an oxymoron, but nevertheless, it's the truth. There's some weird stuff up there.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

My bad then. I took i the wrong way.

Thats ok, I honestly am on your side

I forgot to add that there was a meteor shower about a week ago. Never seen a meteor turn. Anyone else?

Thats simple, meteors dont turn

Perhaps it was some sort of test rocket. I live right on the edge of the test rocket range here in Australia. Ive seen some rockets do pretty bizzare turns and manouveres

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

It was just glowing, not flashing at all. Anyone that has been around a city at night when there is light cloud cover will tell you that the sky appears to have an orange tint to it. This was a glowing streak, teardrop I guess you can call it, with black surrounding it. The only thing I can think of is that it parted the clouds. I heard no sonic boom or other noise that would've been consistent.

OzWeatherman:

Good point as far as it being a rocket or some sort of test, I thought about it and tried to dismiss it as such. Then I realized that it would've fallen in a densely populated area, the Metro Boston area. It was traveling inland. I could definitely write it off if it was going out towards the ocean.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
ive mentioned this same thing somewhere on this site before i don't remember on what thread though, anyways this same thing ive seen when i was pretty young but doesn't change the fact that i saw it and it being vivid enough to still to this day remember that i did see this same thing in Oregon. It was moving very very fast and making the same type of movements that your speaking of. Im glad im not the only one that has seen this phenomenon. Good post ur getting a S + F

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here's my "artist's rendition".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdddf8819713.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by gemineye

OzWeatherman:

Good point as far as it being a rocket or some sort of test, I thought about it and tried to dismiss it as such. Then I realized that it would've fallen in a densely populated area, the Metro Boston area. It was traveling inland. I could definitely write it off if it was going out towards the ocean.

Actually, they test rockets inland here, because they have to recover the pieces. So if it were a rocket it would be heading in the right direction.

However you are correct, that they wouldnt do it over a populated area

top topics

join