It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've been laid off for just over three months and currently recieving UI for lack of work in my field. I've put in job applications for other industries but I never seem to get a call back. The area's that I have been applying to are restaurant/food service industry and the warehousing sector which have higher turnover rates for employment.

Question is how many of you are still trying to find work and have you had any issues doing so?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have applied to 136 jobs in the last two months and I still can't find work, and I'm in a job market where a lot of the people aren't highschool graduates, let alone a college graduate like me.

Problem is, I get my unemployment from my old job, in the service industry, where I was making mostly cash, so I get less than two hundred bucks a week. Sucks.

It truly is one of the most depressing scenarios I can think of. Where even if you do your best, nothing comes of it.

All I've been doing is writing my next album and started a book, but neither of those things will probably ever put food on the table.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I worked for big oil right after I got out of high school at the time it was booming which was about 2004. Then three months ago when gas prices dropped under .50 cents a barrel that's when companies started to scale back there operations. Which is why I'm in this situation now with no job and very nasty future ahead of me.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

Depending on where you are and what you're responsible for right now (kids, wife?), I'd suggest finding a place to move and trying to get a grant to do so. I'm at such a loss at this point, I'm looking in just about every state in the country.

Looks like I'm on my way back into the city, the place that put me in the poor house to begin with.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

Big Oil!!!! Ah Ha, I was wondering about the name.

Okay, nasty future??? No, the present, and future are what You make of them. what we are seeing right now is what the PTB want us to see... Why?? The Fear Factor; no, not the show, but the real emotion.

Chin up, and suck it up. I believe You've shared a little about Your situation(I think) any ways there are always people who have much worse outlooks.

Remember: Any roadblock has a way around it. It might not be straight through, but to the left, right, above, below, around, or anything Your ***imagination**** can think up to get around. There's always a way.

Just remember critical thinking skills in combination with the imagination..... Anyone following this will do alright

top topics

join