It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Dog Flu Spreads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Deadly Dog Flu Spreads

dsc.discovery.com

Aug. 18, 2009 -- Canine influenza, the potentially deadly H3N8 virus commonly known as dog flu, is spreading.

So far the virus has led to the death of one dog last week, closed down the kennel at Virginia's Fairfax County Animal Shelter, and, according to experts, is now affecting dogs in at least four other states: Colorado, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.

While the reason for the shelter outbreak, which killed a 15-year-old whippet owned by a clinical technician and sickened 26 dogs, remains unknown, it's possible that one or more infected dogs from Philadelphia or D.C. intro
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

"Dogs often move in and out of shelter systems over long distances, such as via breed and rescue groups," Edward Dubovi, director of the virology center at Cornell's Animal Health Diagnostic Laboratory, told Discovery News.

"Boarding kennels and even elite doggie day care centers can also result in cases, since, as for kennel cough spread, the virus is highly contagious and dogs may catch it from one another," added Dubovi.

He first isolated the canine influenza virus in 2004, after University of Florida researchers sent him fluid and tissue samples from greyhound race dogs that had died from a then mysterious respiratory illness at a Florida racetrack.

Another flu strain to look out for. I hope all of my fellow Canine owners are looking out for their dog's health...and their own. Just found this and thought I would share.

PROTECT YOUR DOG
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96010e7c166e.jpg[/atsimg]

dsc.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wonder if this one will merge with swine flu???

MANBEARPIGDOG FLU!!! ZOMG!!!!

What's with all these virus's spreading at one point?? Something is going on here...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have to laugh at that picture. Its funny.

I feel ultimate compassion towards mans best friend. I own a German Shepherd and if anything happened to her...I would lose it.

Hopefully this is contained and not coming to the mid-west.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
I have to laugh at that picture. Its funny.

I feel ultimate compassion towards mans best friend. I own a German Shepherd and if anything happened to her...I would lose it.

Hopefully this is contained and not coming to the mid-west.

Yeah, I found that pic just to lighten the tone of the story a bit; however, this is a serious issue. As the story states in the OP, this can transfer from canine to human.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hopefully this is not as contagious as Kennel Cough.

It is interesting thought that this is popping up at the same time the H1N1 is starting to resurface with much more force.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

How about kitty gas masks? I would love to see a video of someone trying to get one on a cat. Got any links?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by Aggie Man

How about kitty gas masks? I would love to see a video of someone trying to get one on a cat. Got any links?

Ask you shall recieve
www.proki.org...

newsfromrussia.com...

new topics

top topics

join