It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

104 immigrants die in U.S. custody in past 6 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

104 immigrants die in U.S. custody in past 6 years

news.xinhuanet.com

U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) on Monday acknowledged 10 previously undisclosed deaths of immigrants in custody, bringing the country's total number of such deaths to 104 since October 2003.

ICE Assistant Secretary John Morton said in a press statement that the newly disclosed deaths were a result of an agency-wide review of documents and databases prompted by a Freedom of Information Act request

believed that lack of medical care is a leading cause of death in immigrati
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
By the way ATS, nothign was working for a while
Every field was like an image, couldn't put my insertion point in any field.

Anyhow, Isn't this odd?
104 deaths die in U.S. custody?

And they said that they 'BELIEVED' leading cause of death was lack of medical care? How can they believe, if they died in their custoday they shouldn't believe, they should KNOW.

This is very troubling I find, there's definately something else going on here that they aren't disclosing.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well I would like to know 104 out of how many (1,000 or like 100,000). I mean in any situation you will have a certain percentage of people die, be it in custody or at the Ritz Carleton.

Remember many of these people could have been malnourished, suffered significant stresses during their time in the state or on their voyage over, etc.

They may not know 100% what the cause of death was because they cant perform an autopsy and numerous tests to find out on every single person.

Again I would just like to know the % of those in custody that the 104 made up, before jumping to any conclusions.

join