It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*For a Laugh*The most dumb and stupidest packaging Warning signs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here ya go!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7321019d1685.jpg[/atsimg]

Probably the most pointless thing I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

* "Warning: Do not climb inside this bag and zip it up. Doing so will cause injury and death." -- A label inside a protective bag (for fragile objects), which measures 15cm by 15cm by 12cm.

This one had me rolling on the ground laughing. Great collection, it's amazing to see how dumb some people/companies are.

Although I bet some, like the coffee being hot and the Domino's pizza being hot, are there because of lawsuits by idiotic people who lack common sense.

Great post, S + F

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks!!! These are fantastic!!!! Yeah, it's actually amazing how ridiculously cautious manufacturers are in their manuals, but then again, who can blame them will all those idiots (or maybe geniuses) taking them to court with the most hideous accusations!! Then again, I find that sometimes people who actually write this stuff are kind of confused. I mean, take a look at this, written on a bus window : "Keep all body parts out of window opening". Ok, ok, so they actually mean 'don't stick anything out of the windows, but the way they write it is kind of misleading to say the least, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Notice on laptop computer, warning do not place on lap.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

I'm not sure if you have it but how bout outside of 7/11:

"No Dog's allowed except Seeing Eye Dogs."

Now I understand the no dogs allowed but what blind guy is gonna see that

#!!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Honestly,

I have seen almost most of these 'dumb' warning signs before, but what numbs me most, is that this thread is on the front page of ATS!?

People, I know it is funny, I don't deny that! However, should we not focus on real and life changing events? It's great to have a post that humors us all, and I'm grateful for the OP presenting this funny thread! I Truly am OP - Thanks for the laugh!

I just can't get to grasps how this post is front page, when there are more pressing issues in the world...

I apologize if I offended anyone, or the OP, I guess I'm just an old stickler

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

And this one... geez what stupidity.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I agree but I think with the tensions on the site as of late everyone was releaved by the good laugh.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Your avatar is enough for me break out in laughter! I guess you are right my friend, I should be my old self again, and throw caution to the wind. Life has become too serious eh?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Saw an apartment ad on wheels stating "low rates" but someone had removed the "e".

Another time spotted restaurant grand opening sign that was scrambled to read "botulism lives".

These little surprises can make your day.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46651cf34660.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ac08b7da717.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61cf18946d16.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
When I was in the service, there was an instruction listed on the side of our M.R.E. (meals ready to eat) heater.

It said to "fill water to dotted line, close, and rest against a rock or something.

Beneath it, in true military fashion, was a picture of a rock, with the caption "Rock or something".

Second example? You brits have a warning on your matches that I turned into a t-shirt.
It said "Warning, Children are flammable!!" and included a handy picture of a stick figure child with it's head on fire.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Those are hilarious. What's even more funny is a lot of the labels that are no brainers were put there because someone used the item as described on the label and probably tried to sue afterward.

Kind of like the long warning to turn off your cell phone before a movie starts. They finally got enough complaints to actually have to display that. Or like the chainsaw one where it says do not try to stop with hand! Someone obviously did that. Oh people can be dumb.

Or how about the pillow tag that is illegal to remove.

S&F!

[edit on 18-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Anti climbing Paint? Dam it! , there goes my new spider man movie!

TPTB must have seen this coming, hence their wicked and wonderful science of the paint!
I will find you, you whacky scientists

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Much needed laugh

Thanks to everyone

M.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Too bad this is going into BTS soon.
I find it somewhat ironic that the warning and instruction labels on bottles in pharmacies as with over the counter medicines is covered up with the price label. I kinda like the one before a bridge that says bridge may be ICY ( I see why?)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Due to the fact that the ground takes longer to ice over, due to retained heat, the bridge may freeze before the road.
This means motorists may not be ready for the sudden ice that may appear in their route, as the didn't notice any on the roads...hence, the sign.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthShallFreeYou

My point is that by the time they realize it and hit the brakes, it's too late. They might learn after that, but doubtful, just like the ones on the cell phones and speeding tickets in the same area. Yes, some signs also say that bridge freezes first or whatever.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I for one can definently admit to getting hot under the collar, this just reminds me of how foolish people can be and that we should all just get along.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Honestly,

I have seen almost most of these 'dumb' warning signs before, but what numbs me most, is that this thread is on the front page of ATS!?

People, I know it is funny, I don't deny that! However, should we not focus on real and life changing events? It's great to have a post that humors us all, and I'm grateful for the OP presenting this funny thread! I Truly am OP - Thanks for the laugh!

I just can't get to grasps how this post is front page, when there are more pressing issues in the world...

I apologize if I offended anyone, or the OP, I guess I'm just an old stickler

I think one of the biggest issues we humans have with the world is that people are WAY too serious... even on ATS haha. People who are too serious are part of the biggest problems we have with this world.

So yeah I see were your coming from, but if you think about it, a light hearted view of the world is a very healthy thing for us humans right? to me it's more important than the next topic on hatred and violence.

<< 1    3 >>

join