It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else haveing this problem right now?? Phones not working?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ok is anyone else having phone be it land line or cell issues this morning? I have had 2 people text me saying my phone is coming up as "a non working number." My sister text me asking me if it was working and it is. I was just on it before she text me. I just tried to call my other roommate and got the same message...My roommate called her friend and his number said the same thing, however he called 20 mins after that. Then my roommate called her friend in LA and his number said the same thing and his phone is a land line. He called her 5mins ago. What in the world is wrong with the phone lines?! All of us have different carriers too so it doesnt seem to be carrier specific. I live in FL if that means anything. Is there anyone else in FL or other places having this problem right now? Its nice and clear here so it's not the weather and its many different carriers having this problem.

Mods if this is in the wrong place move it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Depends on where you live. Mine are working just fine.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
weird iv had MULTIPLE people (with great service) that their phones havnt been working at all. My band and i were on the road the other day and one of the guys said something about his phone not working right and then EVERY other guy in the band was like "weird, my hasnt been acting right either" very strange....i would say my own personal cell isnt working right but i use metro pcs....so thats only normal

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is kinda interesting , I was just replying to your thread about 20 mins ago , asking if you've ever experienced this before , saying it happens fairly often where I live , with cell phones at least .
When my Internet cut out lol , what a coincidence

Almost got my paranoid juices flowing

but yeah stuff like that is random down here, not sure about state side

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interesting as in , what if all of a sudden , around the whole world , all communications where shut down simultaneously , Internet , land lines , cell phones , tv , radio etc , now that would be scarey .
people would panic I imagine .
Its amazing how dependant we have become on technologies that weren't here 100 yrs ago or in their infancy ....hmmm

Sorry for going off topic there for a lil bit op

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Takka]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Within the past few weeks, I've had more dropped calls, and busy signals in the middles of conversations than any time before.

I would say something is up.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My primary cell phone hasn't been working since yesterday. My back-up (on another network) is working just fine.

Of course, I hasten to add that this is the main reason I have two cells on different networks -- it's not at all unusual, at least for here on this lil' chunka rock.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Now that you mention it, yes my landline has not been picking up anything and the cellphone has been dropping calls or does not even recieve calls. Very odd.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I had that problem about a month ago, cleared up by itself though. But for the last couple of days i have noticed some of my friends who use voip numbers have been coming up as disconnected or no longer in sevice, if yo keep trying it will eventualy get through. By the way i'm in N. Fl

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes for the past two weeks my landline was crackling and long beeping, I bought a new cord, still a problem, BUT my new doggie fixed the problem, she ate the phone cord completely, so now I have no landline...

Oh yes and my cell has been doing odd things too like when I call a number which is someone I know, and is waiting on a call fronm me, it goes straight to their answering service, seems others can call them just not me.

My comp was cutting out and i was getting booted off ATs last week too.

Perhaps afetr SOs thread about the PTB and the 'changes' to the ATS logo, we are all in deep doodoo.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In all actuality I was really wondering if it has to do with our visits to ATS and sites similar or the Sunspot24 beginning to create problems?

Sorry about my spelling in that last post, wow.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Star, and Flag.

Okay, so here's a little almost inside information. Flame me all Ya'll want; cr*p on what I say, but heed what I'm about to share.

In the future, pay attention to the Internet. The Internet, along with your cell phones access are slowed down in, and around "events".

I've known this for sometime.

08-08-08 The US proxy invasion of South Ossetia was preceded with both of what I describe above, along with several major hacked sites the day of; the following week was horrible Internet access........slow like on dial up.

Last fall's market crash??? Same thing. I was in Vegas for a few months. My service began acting like dial up almost; at times. I called the companies tech guy, and he said the entire city was having problems.

At the same time I was actively asking People across the nation(friends) had they had problems, and it was a + affirmative.

So flame away should You all see fit, but remember what I wrote

[edit on 17-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The weird thing was that they couldn't contact your cellphone by voice but they could by SMS Text Message.

Almost all phones use VoIP now. That means Landline Phone, Voice Phone, Fax, SMS, Internet all use the exact same pipeline and go the exact same routes to their destination. Of course, all it takes is one downed router between you and the person contacting you to cause all of the above not to work.

However, having one of the three not work is unusual.

The only thing that I can think of is that some carriers may have Routing Protocols (BGP) that prioritize and route differently according to protocols. Since SMS is 140bits (17.5bytes), it is much smaller and quicker to deliver than Voice which is generally 190bytes (a lot of which is the packet header), it would be given a quicker route and higher priority by the Router. When the Router is being hammered, it's going to drop VoIP or Data, and since VoIP uses UDP instead of TCP like Data, then that is going to result in dropped connections since no response packet is sent when it is delayed or times out from a longer route.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ok so I juat got home over an hour ago and there was no internet all day. I couldnt use my phone or computer. I am like WTF right now! My phone is working but not well still. IDK what was knocked out of whack but it's really weird. I havent read the replies and I really didnt think anyone would respond but wow! I went to work and tried to get online and had nothing but problems until about an hour or so ago. The internet is working but very slow and it is never slow. So I dont what happened around here but I am not the only one in the area having this problem. My internet at work wasnt working well and a couple other people I mentioned this to had problems with their phones today. Someone messed something up!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I live in Florida also "SW Florida" and have had cellie problems for over a week now. For almost 2 weeks I have had to go outside to make calls, or when receiving one just so I can get a signal or my calls will be dropped. I have never had to go outside to use my phone before until just recently. At first I assumed there might be upgrades going on, but it has been almost 2 weeks of this problem.
And now that I am thinking of it, this all started after I was in bed one night and a plane woke me that was flying very low, it literally flew right above my house and i thought it was going to crash. I went outside and watched it fly over aprox 8 times very low and very slow. It was not a mosquito plane, but more of a larger plane. That has never happened before, and since that night my cell has been acting up. I haven't had a lan line in years, so only cell problems here.

Stealth

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Takka
Interesting as in , what if all of a sudden , around the whole world , all communications where shut down simultaneously , Internet , land lines , cell phones , tv , radio etc , now that would be scarey .
people would panic I imagine .
Its amazing how dependant we have become on technologies that weren't here 100 yrs ago or in their infancy ....hmmm

Sorry for going off topic there for a lil bit op

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Takka]

LOL I was thinking this for a split second. All things are working now but the internet and my service on my phone are very low.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Oh the dropped calls and busy signals or high pitch fax sounds I get when calling other cell phones is really annoying lately. My bf called me twice last night and he said he called once and it was a busy signal, which isnt possible since I wasnt even on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Wow, I thought it was just me. When I've tried to call people at times, it comes up with "we are not able to connect your call at this time" yet when others try to call them, they get through straight away. My internet has been really screwy aswell, it now dies two or three times a day but when I look at the modem it looks fine. (When the internet's not working then the lights flash in a certain sequence to determine why its not working.

My phone was particularly bad on a night when I saw two shooting stars. It would work for 5 minutes then not work for 5 minutes, over and over. In fact, I asked on here if the SS and phone signal could be connected but was reassured that it would have no bearing on it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding this abit weird, though!

new topics

top topics

join