It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA builds a UFO???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Is it true that NASA is secretly building a flying saucer spaceship? Or it this disinfo, generated to muddy the issue and confuse the sheeple? Or is it really just the (upside down) heat shield for the Orion capsule being built by Boeing so that humans can get into space and once again get to the Moon, then return safely to Earth?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/249e9f6a5037.jpg[/atsimg]

Idk folk's looks like a ufo to me....is it?
I got no idea.

looks weird for sure lol

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
it's the heat shield for the Orion Spacecraft, made by Boeing.

www.boeing.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Only if it will be un-manned. Or maybe if the pilot will lay flat

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Lol shew got to admit it look's like a ufo.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

it does, the blogger who you linked to, was hoping that people would make that leap but the title of the photo gave it away.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Found another picture of it here Heatshield Says it's a heat-shield for the Orion crew capsule

Oops, always late to the party

[edit on 17-8-2009 by atlantean]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by TheAmused

it does, the blogger who you linked to, was hoping that people would make that leap but the title of the photo gave it away.

Yup and what do you know... if the blog isn't written by "Mr Bad Astronomy" Phil Plait..... now high ranking member of the skeptic society.

Just another example of the lengths the debunkers will go to... to try and get their agenda across. As soon as he said "Sheeple" I knew it was this clown and he was trying to use this as some sort of "evidence" people will believe anything and that all UFOs are military craft. Pathetic really.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Total Package]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package
Just another example of the lengths the debunkers will go to... to try and get their agenda across. As soon as he said "Sheeple" I knew it was this clown and he was trying to use this as some sort of "evidence" people will believe anything and that all UFOs are military craft. Pathetic really.

What do you mean? He said in the blog;

"Or is it really just the (upside down) heat shield for the Orion capsule being built by Boeing so that humans can get into space and once again get to the Moon, then return safely to Earth?"

You'd have to be blind not to see it or realise that this is exactly what it is. I don't think there was any attempt to catch people out, just a comment on how people do (they do) generally jump to outlandish conclusions.

And if you take exception to the term sheeple please spare a thought for the sceptics among us who are branded with this label on a regular basis.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

Originally posted by Total Package

What do you mean? He said in the blog;

"Or is it really just the (upside down) heat shield for the Orion capsule being built by Boeing so that humans can get into space and once again get to the Moon, then return safely to Earth?"

You'd have to be blind not to see it or realise that this is exactly what it is. I don't think there was any attempt to catch people out, just a comment on how people do (they do) generally jump to outlandish conclusions.

And if you take exception to the term sheeple please spare a thought for the sceptics among us who are branded with this label on a regular basis.

What it is... is another example of debunkers/skeptics using ridicule to push their agenda.

Notice how all of the skeptics out there.... James Randi, Bill Nye, Michael Shermer and Phil Plait.... all go out of their to riidcule any chance they get. I think it's Rule 3 of the 4 Rules of Debunkers according to Stanton Friedman.

I don't think it's any coincidence that it doesn't matter what the subject is... whether it's UFO's... Psychics... PSI etc etc.... these guys are all skeptics and go out of their way to ridicule and debunk... not because they have evidence which proves it... but because it goes against their religious belief... called "Science". Helps to sell books too.

They come up with "theories" and then proclaim them as evidence for their skepticism. It's pathetic. James Randi for instance has been caught out when he was part of CSICOP amending scientific data which would have proven PSI and then released a statement saying no evidence was found. He tried to talk himself out of it by saying they weren't "hiding anything" but had merely just not releasing all the data.

Pure and utter frauds and Phil Plait is just another one of them that's taken the baton and running with it. I had to sit there and spew up my breakfast whilst Phil Plait was rubbing one out over the "fact" the LRO had tkaen pictures which offer "irrefutable evidence" that we landed on the Moon...... that evidence was grainy low res photos... from NASA.... the alleged conspirators... of dots on a photo. Yet apparantly this was "evidence" to this hypocrit.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Total Package]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yeah and the believers never ridicule the sceptics eh? They’re never referred to in a derogatory manner as debunkers, sheeple, or disinfo agents. And of course the believers have no dogmatic agenda to push.

Perhaps if people didn’t jump to these insane conclusions in the first place, and you can’t deny that they do, then they wouldn’t be so laughable or such an easy target.

I think you’re just overreacting to a very gentle jibe.

top topics

join