It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC 24 Hour news running headline about

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The Rendlesham incident quoting some Ex Military Top Brass told the Ministry of Defense that The Rendlesham Incident* could be a *Banana skin* according to newly released documents..

Anyone know what documents these are and what the *Banana skin* was?

For those not totally au fait with the English language it, means the incident could be a huge problem for the British Government

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Found a link to the story...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
"Banana Skin" is not a term I've ever heard of. I think it's a Lord Hill-Norton term

But he seems to be talking of disclosure. I.E. the peeling of the banana skin to reveal all.

No idea where to find these documents. Anybody?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Clickfoot

Here is the link to the files , free to download for a month ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You may be interested in this to , just found link to new files released from Brazil , ok if you speak Spanish
www.ufo.com.br... Credit to The Brazilian UFO Magazine website .
ENJOY

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot
"Banana Skin" is not a term I've ever heard of. I think it's a Lord Hill-Norton term

No. The banana skin reference is part of the English language culture and refers to the tendency for discarded banana skins to be very slippery. Step one one and you could be in for a fall. Banana skins used to appear widely in kids' comics and in tv humour to create comedy situations. Hill Norton's use of the term was as a warning about possible Government embarrassment.

I also notice one of the released files on the Rendleshome Incident suggests that it was all a prank. I guess this document should be investigated just as seriously as all the others if the truth is ever to be established.

WG3

[edit on 17-8-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I Doubt Rendlesham was car headlights. Considering the soldiers, including Holt, got to within 15 feet of the Triangle craft and visually saw markings on it. They didnt simply see lights in the forest and tried to follow them. What they saw was a actual physical craft on the ground.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
No. The banana skin reference is part of the English language culture

Well given that I lived there for over 30 years and never heard of it, I'd say "no it isn't".

However, not important.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Being a cynic...The UK government does not dish out information that it doesn't have to, however the department involved probably has Freedom of Information "issues."

So, the best way to deal with that is to release headline info that cannot be corroborated or has some element of doubt (the car headlight prank) whilst at the same time issuing the info they need to release but without alerting anyone. The real info will probably have been placed in "sundry expenses" by "mistake." A couple of months after the media and "concerned citizens" have trampled all over the headline release, the real info "mistake" will be "discovered" and put in the correct area.

However the mess created by everyone will mean that it's bottom of the pile in the search rankings and as you've no idea of what the real info was about anyway or the key words to get at it via a search, all your searches will turn up is the headline release.

And notice how you can only get at this stuff for free for a month, so back checking costs.

Simples!
(from a UK car insurance ad)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

where in the UK do you live? Orkney? Do you have tv or radio in your area? My god youve never heard of the term "banana skin" ? I find that quite staggering

As already stated Lord norten is using the term to mean a potential slip up/ embarrassement. www.usingenglish.com...

In any case the rendlesham lighthouse incident is a hoax. The research has been done only the frauds of the ufo community want to keep it alive.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

OT, but I'm sure you can provide links to hundreds of news broadcasts that use the term, yes?

Not OT: Rendlesham a hoax? Not according to Nick Pope, mate.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I seriously doubt it, the people that witnessed the event where afterwards, played with mind control techs.

This is bull story, not the case, but the bbc news.

Ignore it, bbc are bul# artists.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

It's used a lot by football commentators when a top team comes up against a lower level team. The potential for them to slip-up & make a fool of themselves.

Simply check some of the links below & you'll see for yourself:

www.google.co.uk...

The reference in the BBC article wasn't about peeling anything away for disclosure. It was exactly as waveguide3 said it was. Which was a potential to cause embarrassment or problems for the government.

The term 'banana skin' is known as an 'idiom'!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Since the David Kelly affair and the Hutton inquiry the BBC had its balls cut off and now works as a kind of Ministry of truth for our authoritarian big brother Government over here , Dame them all

[edit on 17-8-2009 by gortex]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

using banana skin in that context is slang so not used in news broadcasts unless they are quoting someone else who used the term.

FYI it was first used in 1942 on the radio and has been part of the english language since then.

Nick pope hasnt even read the reports done by ufologists at the time. Or chooses to ignore them. Even jenny randle the stanton friedman of rendlesham conceded the case is weak and most likely a hoax after reading all the available evidence.

but eager believers want to believe its true so they will stick to that. No evidence will convince them otherwise.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

So what are you saying , the LT COL of an American Air Force base Is a liar or that he was simply delusional when he says that he saw this stuff
mm .

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Of course, no US air force LT COLONEL has ever lied or suffered some delusional episode ever, have they

But thats beside the point - the point is that in 2003, two (security service staff) people came forward and said they hoaxed the Rendleshem incident - the air force commander says one thing, those people say another - since (most) of the evidence in this story is hearsay, and verbal accounts, (apart from the audio recordings) its very difficult to say what is the truth behind the story, and we will probably never know. And I say this as someone who would really like the Rendlesham forest incident to be a 'real event'.

By the way if you've never heard of the concept of slipping on a banana skin, I suggest you go and read 'The Beano' - its full of interesting and education facts, one being that discarded banana skins can constitute a 'slip hazard', much to the hilarity of spotty schoolboys with scruffy dogs, usually hiding behind a bush chortling.... I could go on but someone will probably shoot me with a catapult.

Just to add though - look at slipping on a banana skin as the same as making a spectacle of yourself in public - really funny for others to watch, but very bruising for your ego and your backside.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by danny-arclight]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by danny-arclight

But thats beside the point - the point is that in 2003, two (security service staff) people came forward and said they hoaxed the Rendleshem incident - the air force commander says one thing, those people say another - since (most) of the evidence in this story is hearsay, and verbal accounts, (apart from the audio recordings) its very difficult to say what is the truth behind the story, and we will probably never know. And I say this as someone who would really like the Rendlesham forest incident to be a 'real event'.

Do you have a link to that information, because just chucking it in without being able to back it up smacks of pure disinformation..

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

why dont you do some investigating for yourself? theres plenty info on the web that thoroughly shows the rendlesham lighthouse incident to be a fraud.

its amazing how eager belivers get all investigative when theyre told something they dont want to hear. Shame they dont do it when someone tells them an alien spaceship story.

Eager belivers are not interested in the truth they are merely looking to validate their belief in alien spaceships thats why rendlesham will be kept alive by the zealot-like religous belief they have in ufos. Not becuase the case has any merit.

common sense should tell you its a fraud. Why would someone who is going out to look for ufos take a dictaphone and not a camera? strange choice of equipment dont you think?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well, I would like to know how I can provide 'disinformation' on a subject that is full of ill-informed comment. However, perhaps a good place to start is the WikiPedia entry: en.wikipedia.org...

Then of course, there's the BBC article on the recent releases by the MOD and the Rendlesham Forest Incident in particular:
news.bbc.co.uk...

And to quote from the article: Quote:" In 2003, an ex-US security policeman said he and another airman had shone patrol car lights as a prank. "

Now some people will say 'the BBC is part of a government conspiracy to cover up the truth...' and others will say Wikipedia is inaccurate and full of errors and slander. However, if you know of a better source, (since all media outlets appear to have an agenda, anyway) then perhaps you could share it with us.

There is a transcript of LT Col. Halts audio recording here:
www.ianridpath.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join