It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone knows whats on the otherside of....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Anyone knows whats on the otherside of....

Mirrors,black holes,paintings,and pictures?

OOBEr's have any of you been to the otherside of a mirror ,blackhole, painting, picture.

Just curious becuase i heard that its possible on some other thread on ATS.

Plus has anyone seen anything wierd in mirrors, pictures, and paintings.

Good luck posting

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ummm.... other side of what now?

I didn't know there was 'another side' of a mirror, except for the backside obviously rofl.

No I'm just kidding. Personally I've never had an OOBE experience. The best (probably bad choice of word) I've gotten is Sleep Paralysis. But I've heard you can get an OOBE during that too, I personally haven't had anything like that though.

Interesting thread, let's see what other people say(:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeplin100

I had this CREEPY A** painting that my SO got me when we lived up in Philly, it was these kids in a choir, but they were freakish with extra large eyes that seemed to always followed you. I hated that painting and after I saw the darkness I had to put it in the basement, those kids were just NOT RIGHT!!!!!

[edit on 16-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Zeplin100

I had this CREEPY A** painting that my SO got me when we lived up in Philly, it was these kids in a choir, but they were freakish with extra large eyes that seemed to always followed you. I hated that painting and after I saw the darkness I had to put it in the basement, those kids were just NOT RIGHT!!!!!

[edit on 16-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

Seriously.
And i also think that some paintings can get pretty creepy and some of them have an anounomes feeling around them as if someone or something is watching

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Zeplin100]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Unless you believe that reflections have depth beyond infinity and what you see in a reflection is not really there... there is nothing there. If optics isn't what it appears to be, your eyes, they eyes of other predators and everything ever seen wasn't really there.

Unless reflections were anti-matter and the surface transformed anti-photons to photons and vice-versa ... even then the reflection would be representative of what's on the other side, but in reverse like in a mirror ....

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Ummm.... other side of what now?

I didn't know there was 'another side' of a mirror, except for the backside obviously rofl.

No I'm just kidding. Personally I've never had an OOBE experience. The best (probably bad choice of word) I've gotten is Sleep Paralysis. But I've heard you can get an OOBE during that too, I personally haven't had anything like that though.

Interesting thread, let's see what other people say(:

Seiriously i never had one eithier i just wish that i was able to do it so i could figure this stuff out but scince i can't [yet
] i have to "see" it thruogh the eyes of others.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Unless you believe that reflections have depth beyond infinity and what you see in a reflection is not really there... there is nothing there. If optics isn't what it appears to be, your eyes, they eyes of other predators and everything ever seen wasn't really there.

Unless reflections were anti-matter and the surface transformed anti-photons to photons and vice-versa ... even then the reflection would be representative of what's on the other side, but in reverse like in a mirror ....

Uhhh can you explain just alittle bit more that post dosent really make sense to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Black Hole:

Wiki Near the event horizon (the closest point that is observable), objects are rapidly accelerated and subject to time dilation. To an observer on an object being consumed, it would take a very long time before any perceptible change occurred. When finally "consumed", objects are instantaneously pulverized and/or vaporized by the acceleration and gravity flux.

On the other side of a mirror, a thin film of pure silver

BTW Didn't you already have a thread on this topic?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
Black Hole:

Wiki Near the event horizon (the closest point that is observable), objects are rapidly accelerated and subject to time dilation. To an observer on an object being consumed, it would take a very long time before any perceptible change occurred. When finally "consumed", objects are instantaneously pulverized and/or vaporized by the acceleration and gravity flux.

On the other side of a mirror, a thin film of pure silver

BTW Didn't you already have a thread on this topic?

Yeah i did but this is more along the lines of people whove been there....OOBEr's and i dont really think this counts but ive added blackholes.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Zeplin100]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeplin100

Originally posted by abecedarian

Uhhh can you explain just alittle bit more that post dosent really make sense to me.
umm... doesn't exactly make much sense to me either.

But for something to exist beyond a mirror, which reflects our space back at ourselves, something would have to exist beyond the resolution our eyes can discern hence the reference to "beyond infinity", not that we can resolve anything close to infinity but if we could see it in the mirror, it should exist within our realm. And if it were macroscopic, something we should be able to resolve, and we weren't able to, it must be filtered by some means such as anti-proton vs. proton.

Visually speaking, a mirror is statistically invisible (as far as we're concerned) since its presence is only ascertained by either physical contact or inference- our ability to realise that what is in the mirror is a duplicate, though reversed, representation of our own environment, and more cognicent beings are able to recognize that. It is nothing more nor less than an illusion produced by a physical medium manipulating quantum particles in a well known procedure, generating a reflection.

Now had you asked about seeing things in open space, things that shouldn't be there... I'd have to take another drink and get back to you.

Make more sense?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There is nothing on the other side of a mirror...well, just the back of it. A mirror just reflects physical light. There's no magic involved.

Same thing with a painting...the back side? Blank canvas. No magic, aside from the talent expended by the artist.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Duplicate thread. Please add contributions to the linked thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join