It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opportunity is Knocking People...!! ANSWER THE DOOR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Opportunity is Knocking People...!! ANSWER THE DOOR

www.youtube.com

The peoples word, shall be the law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-8-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If you disagree with the gov't, You ARE the majority! Cap and Trade was brought to your congress as soon as Micheal Jackson died...

Seems the media is down playing all these protests and picketing..
but you can CLEARLY see on alternate news networks and youtube and such, large scale groups getting there word heard.

I think this may be the start of something much larger.

"You gotta take the Power back." = Rage Against The Machine.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yeah right, people will go back to bed as soon as they realize they can't do anything. Happened in the 60s, happened in the 70s, happened during the Bush Administration, and it's going to happen as soon as people become accustomed to Obama. 99 cent cheeseburgers and American Idol are a lot easier than actually doing anything. As much as people want to think this some sort of movement, this is nothing compared to protests and public angst in the past. This a bunch of comfortable people panicking because they've been lied too and told they're going to lose some of their comfort. Once they realize McDonalds will continue to have a value menu and that Obama isn't sending around death squads, this country will go back to the apathetic idiot group we all know and love.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
CS, I agree with you to a point. There have been some wierd goings on though. Who ever thought a guy named Jesse "the body" would ever get elected Gov. of a state. Maybe DC is trying to get us burned out on protest if we think we won health care (sounds like a conspiracy to me).
Why don't we get non-politicians elected in 2010 and see what happens.
using electoral-vote.com... as a baseline

Tough races
Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana,
Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio

Easy for Dems
Arkansas, California, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland,
New York, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont,
Washington, Wisconsin

Easy for Reps
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma,
South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah

I think a businessman/woman with an engineering degree would make a great president. They could do process charts and with a business background know where to cut. But what about the senate?
What kind of party would it be and what would be the platform?
Who could we push (new) and who could we subvert?
Anyone want to start a conspiracy instead of talking about others?

I think a businessman/woman with an engineering degree would make a great president or Senator. They could do process charts and with a business background know where to cut. Just control the Senate and you have leverage. With people being angry it could work. Not another party - just elect non-polititions for two terms.
Who could we push (new) and how to get them to accept.
Anyone want to start a conspiracy instead of talking about others?
It would not be that hard to win 20 races and have 1/5 of the Senate. Then people would see some Dems & Reps start walking in lock-step and might wake up more.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Amen..... on all fronts...

Except, it's not just the Dems.

They have the power at the moment, but again you need to look above them.... The Right and Left are nothing more then political entertainment. They are all on the same team that seems to be taking orders from an outside element (Lobbyists, Off shore banks, Military industrial complex, so on)..... It's just a wrestling/ soap opera performance meant to separate the masses, who sadly have no voice whatsoever (except for maybe a handful in office)...

In the meantime, people need to prepare... Get together food, seeds, water, water purification (tablets, filters so on), silver, gold, first aid supplies, bullet proof vests/ masks, guns, and ammo. Warn everyone you care about, tell them to do the same.

I have a feeling, our government is so screwed that the people have no voice anymore, and words will not change this establishment any longer (it may have 40 years ago, but then Kennedy was murdered. Then Kent state killed off any true progression with the "hippy movement", and Nixon furthered that, then Bush, then Clinton, then Bush, and now Obama).

Doesn't matter if 50 percent are unhappy, 80 or 90... They will not listen. We can shout all we want, we can protest and be arrested, but it's going to take a mass awaking for anything short of a miracle to happen...

It's sad when my grandparents still hang on the old adage "vote them out" and it will change... Well seems to me that isn't the answer when the collective pool (given any media time) is full of more scum, on both sides...

If your voiceless, and your vote means nothing... Then what?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
If your voiceless, and your vote means nothing... Then what?

...well, we could do what the big boys have done - declare we're broke and cant pay income tax and cant pay our insurance premiums and we dont have any money to put into banks, so we cant have credit cards - and - since its not our fault that we're broke (just like it wasnt the big boys' fault that their banks and companies needed a bailout, so their executives could get million dollar+ bonuses), the government will have to pay our bills for us until they get their sheet together and our country once again becomes a place where common folks can make a decent living...

top topics

join