It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House appears ready to drop public option (healthcare)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
White House appears ready to drop 'public option'

No healthcare option

WASHINGTON – Bowing to Republican pressure and an uneasy public, President Barack Obama's administration signaled Sunday it is ready to abandon the idea of giving Americans the option of government-run insurance as part of a new health care system.

Facing mounting opposition to the overhaul, administration officials left open the chance for a compromise with Republicans that would include health insurance cooperatives instead of a government-run plan. Such a concession probably would enrage Obama's liberal supporters but could deliver a much-needed victory on a top domestic priority opposed by GOP lawmakers.

-------------------------------------------

Just goes to show you that sometimes public opinion counts for something!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I like that.... Withdraw it and blame "Republicans"....

What amazes me is the Democrats have a majority and they don't need a single Republican to vote for it.

I highly doubt they will withdraw it now... to much money to be made, the drug companies are now on-board and ready to reap profits and fund the pro-legislation public relations campaign.

Well, one thing is true... The ONLY thing bi-partisan about the "public option" that is the Opposition.

It is true that THIS issue is eating up time to pass more "profitable" initiatives like the "Cap & Trade Scam" and the administration may be getting pressured to lay off healthcare and concentrate on the big money makers.

Also, I am sure the Trans-nationalist are getting ancy to return to the plan of funding all the UN initiatives (Global Poverty Act). The UN needs her US money you know!

www.aim.org...

[edit on 16-8-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This topic is already under discussion here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your thoughts to the existing thread.

Thread closed.

new topics

join