It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grow Your Own Tobacco.. 200 seeds $6.95

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
you know -- for $7 bucks you can smoke all year long... something isnt right with the State.. its like Controlled Chaos and no matter who you are your gonna lose.

But TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY Parties across the states mean nothing if its not followed up with continued pressure and action... so take a bite out of crime... grow your own...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

It isn't just grow your own and then smoke it sweetheart!

It is grow and cultivate the plant
then it is cut small amounts of the leaves off at a time
then it is "cure it"
which is basically age it
this happens in a humidity controled enviorment
this for a minimum of two years
you smoke it before that and well you ge t a harsh and very nasty tasting mouth full of smoke!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My SO and I are already planning on doing this next growing season. Where we live we don't have enough time left to grow.

Between the excessive taxes and added "chemicals" we've decided it'll be cheaper and just a bit more "healthy" to grow and smoke our own tabacco. Now before someone says "why not just quit smoking if you want to be healthier?" let me stop you by saying this ...

This is a free country (or supposed to be) and I DON'T WANNA QUIT!

We have a name for these "FSC" cigarettes (the real description is 'Fire Safe Cigarette') .... FEDERALLY SANCTIONED CIGARETTES.

As with most things being done now-a-days ... someone does something stupid ... (i.e. throws their butt out the window and starts a fire, falls asleep with a cigarette in their hand) and all smokers must pay.

IMO FSC is an oxymoron ... wtf is a "Fire Safe Cigarette"??? Cigarettes are SUPPOSED to burn! Duh! Idiots.

And for those of you who don't smoke or who haven't yet been subject to these horrendous things ... if you don't puff on the smoke every two seconds it goes out. It's incredibly annoying!

*Edit to fix tag

[edit on 16-8-2009 by cnichols]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Any link to where we can buy these seeds? I don't smoke cigarettes but I know many who do... I might try growing and selling some homemade

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
this is the second thread posted in as many minutes on the subject of the benefits of roll you own tobacco.

not saying anything in particular, just pointing that out

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
home grown tobacco just sounds....blahh

dont get me wrong, i love my pipe and tobacco and would not try to talk anyone out of trying it. just dont be disappointed by the results.

compared to cigs, smoking a pipe is dirt cheap (until you get into handmade pipes lol).

when the shtf i'll have more than a few lbs of my favorite tobacco blends and 2 puffers.

cheers,
AA

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
anyone have a good knowledge of tobaco plants?
I'm looking for a replacemnt for chew. (copenhagen) Leaf works as well, levi garret type, but prefer copenhagen.

I have looked at a few sites that has seeds, but there were so many diffrent choices i have no clue what to look for...

The site i was at must of had 30 types, no real description of what each was used for besides smoking. *lol* but a compared to chart.

I have yet to see any specificaly for chew.

You cant sell tobaco, but i wonder if you can barter for stuff?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Good idea. I really doubt the process of smoking a home grown cigarette would take two years. In any case the end product, unless you special ordered the special radioactive waste typically used in American Tobacco, your end product wouldn't have any plutonium in it. That's a plus in my book.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'm growing my own tobacco this year. I figured I'd order a few plants to try it out. They are coming along very well, better than I had expected. I'm allowing one to flower so that I can harvest seeds and I plan on ordering one or two more strains, already started, to grow next year.

top topics

join