It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shopkeeper "didn't want to shoot robbers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

NEW YORK - The sidewalk outside the Harlem store still was smeared with blood Friday, and the glass on the door still was blown out.

www.msnbc.msn.com... =43001

Read the article and you'll see, the mentality of people in TODAY'S society is pretty scary.

"He died in the hands of God," said a neighborhood resident, Vincent Gayle, pointing to the blood-spattered pavement by the church. "But what goes around comes around."

REALLY...4 jerkoffs try and rob this 72 year old man and HIS business at gunpoint, they lose, and now their wonderful neighbors are openly threatning a man who was protecting himself, his co-workers and his business. UN-FN-BELIEVABLE!

Just to bad he didn't get all 4!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sorry guys if this is in the wrong section, but for some reason ATS is really messed up this morning. Links aren't working, and all the scripts seem to be offline or something...or maybe it's my awesome DELL..lol.

Either way please move to appropriate section if needed.

One other thing. I am kind of pissed the NYPD took the mans shotgun because he wasn't registered with the city, but what really got me fired up was the RETARDED media who actually asked him if he had another weapon for protection!!!!!! HELLO...the other jerkoffs in the neighborhood are just looking for their chance to "even the score" with this poor old guy...and the media tries to pretty much hang him out there to dry. And the press actually wonders why their hated at times.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
the man did what he had to do. He probably saved his life along with his employees. I hope people dont target him, and I hope he has more protection. NY city has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation. Lets hope the prosecuter doesnt get all cutesy and try to prosecute him for no permit.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I can't imagine the DA's office going forward with anything. If they do, it's going to be like telling the scum of the city...feel free to go and rob anyone you like!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In no way are this man's neighbors threatening him. This man did what he had to do, and all us New Yorkers understand that. 2 less thugs going around robbing people, amen.

P.S. I work in Harlem and let me tell you this, people respect this man for defending himself and his co workers, period.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwatcher

Thats good to know star but then why the "what comes around, goes around" quote from the local? Sounds like there are some who think the little hood rats shouldn't of met their fate...and now that they have they want to lash out...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I thought it sounded like he was saying the thug got what he had coming.

just my $0.02

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I did at first too..but the way the article reads,

"He died in the hands of God," said a neighborhood resident, Vincent Gayle, pointing to the blood-spattered pavement by the church. "But what goes around comes around."

It sounds like Vincent is saying this poor guy died needlessly, and when he pointed at the blood he said BUT what comes around goes around. That to me means he is refering to the shop owner.

I hope I am wrong and misreading it...that would be nice.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just misreading it. The "what goes arond comes around" was directed at the dead thug.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
ah i love Armageddon...

only problem is you dont even know its happening LOL

god bless you all but then again.. you deserve it.

do not take it to heart really just dont.. just look out ur window kinda helps..

top topics

join