It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hydrating at home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hey guys

I am curious about rehydrating with out the use of fancy sports drinks. I know drinking water os almost as important as it gets but how do you replace the salts and what not that you lose during activity? Any tricks, tips, or links that may provide information on this topic would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Star, and a flag for the question that I can answer.

Pedialyte.

It or any offshoot will work. Being hung over, dehydrated, or anything where you need all your levels back up; drink it.

I could go on, and on, but you'll just have to try it.... 100% better than gatorade.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Man speaks truth. Pedialyte works for hangovers.

Another thing you can do is use gatorade at less than recommended strength. You don't always need that much salt and sugar but sometimes it helps the stomach to absorb the liquid if you've got a little in there.

another hangover cure,

1 quart mason jar, 1/3 ice, 1/3 lemonade with a pinch of salt, 1/3 beer.

No kidding.

Why mason jar? That's what grandma used to use.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Unless you are losing massive amounts of fluids, there is probably no reason to worry about electrolytes. You should be getting what you need from your food.

If you are suffering from massive vomiting, diarrhea, or extreme amounts of sweating, then your electrolytes may be out of balance and require replacement. Pedialyte would likely be fine.

Remember, people survived for thousands of years without worrying much about their electrolytes. When they got thirsty, they drank water.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Well I know the big fad right now is lemon water with some salt for people who go to the gym regularly.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You can get electrolyte tablets from health food stores. If you are not bothered by taking pills.

new topics

top topics

join