It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

..So I Went To Cape Cod Hospital Today....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I felt i had to.

I tried going a few days ago but it was impossible to get in with the Eunice Kennedy flap. RIP

Anyway, i didnt know what to expect, i told them i had had two bouts with high fever, profuse sweating, days without being able to get out of bed or opening my eyes...Its been ongoing, this horrible flu for about two weeks now. Maybe i got lucky, but when i go there it usually winds up being an all day affair.
Today, they took the BP, etc., lungs checked, a couple of questions and boom....
I was rushed out of there faster than i could get out of my johnny. The whole visit took 10 minutes.

I had the feeling they didnt want me there. I had 5 people come ask me a question or two and then the dr gave me a
Z pack, and i was tossed out...fast.

So here i thought i would be tested for swine, or since they're "deputized"
to give shots, that one would have poked me with something before i left.
It never happened.

So, dont get me wrong, i dont want to be sick, much less have the dreaded "Swine/H1N1/and whatever else they added to the mix. But i wondered how they automatically knew i was all set.

You know???

I got the impression they dont believe in this Pandemic. For Petes sakes, i wasnt even given a mask and i was coughing my brains out!

Anyway, i thought i'd share this with you because i thought the whole thing was strange and, my visit reminded me to going to a Chinese Restaurant. Here's your hat, whats your hurry?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, I do hope you get to feeling better soon.

I was going to make a crack about they saw that your palm light was blinking so they figured "why bother" but I figured you were not in a joking mood toady.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm thinking they realized that you didn't have the flu (at least not any more), but had some sort of bacterial infection. They gave you an antibiotic and sent you on your way. If you did have flu, there would be no point in giving you a vaccination, since you already got your dose. As far as I know, they don't like to give flu vaccine to people who are already sick with something, because of the fear of a bad reaction.

I hope you're finally getting over whatever it is you have and are now feeling better.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I guess so...

i just thought the whole thing was a little rushed and i thought maybe they'd test?

Ahh you're right they probably just wanted to get rid of me Period.

Good Gawwwd, i feel like a hypochondriac.

Sorry i dont mean to trouble people with my ailments.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Might be off-topic here, but I'm in MA and I can't help but panic a little when I hear that the *dread* swine flu is here. After all of the drama this spring, the news has been very limited this time around. Have you heard mention of it on the local news or in the papers? Maybe I missed it?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that you got out of there so quick? Usually when we go the hospital around here it takes 6-12 hours of waiting.

Hope you get better soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Massachusetts has had many cases,and they just passed a law here the government gave Deputy powers to Drs, nurses, etc to INJECT - I assume its by FORCE if need be.

Get your masks ready. I have a problem with the flu every year, so, i have to be very careful.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hey, I went to Johns Hopkins the other day, the had Swine Flu signs and Purell galore everywhere ... Yet my proctologist didn't use a glove.

But that was ok, he did buy me dinner.

Dg I'm glad you're ok.

Z pack, why would they give you an antibiotic for the flu?
Unless you have some sort of pulmonary infection.

Hope you feel better darling.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yes, thats why i made this post. I dont care if the hospital is empty, its usually a long wait and half the day wasted.
Maybe thats going to be the procedure with potential Swine candidates?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wait a sec....INJECT WHAT??? How come no one mentioned that little clause? Where can I learn more??? Please and thank you, of course.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by dgtempe

Hey, I went to Johns Hopkins the other day, the had Swine Flu signs and Purell galore everywhere ... Yet my proctologist didn't use a glove.

But that was ok, he did buy me dinner.

Thanks for the laugh. I didnt see that one coming!
I'm sure he likes things au naturale.

I hope you ate well

top topics

join