It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
"more than 80% of all the people in the packed room were lobbyists"
"So I asked him, "With all these well-paid professional lobbyists representing big chunks of potential money, how do actual constituents stand a chance?" His response, "They don't, they never did."
"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952
"Fifty men have run America, and that's a high figure." Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, 1936 issue of The New York Times.
You can't fix one broken system by replacing it with another broken system. Sure, the current health care system of "that's a pre-existing condition" insurance companies, employer-funded health insurance and miserable Medicaid is a public health disaster, but if we're going to fix the system, we have to come up with something that actually addresses the root cause of disease in America.
The current health care reform debate in Washington is really just a distraction -- a ploy to keep everyone focused on all the wrong topics while quietly refusing to talk about the big issues that threaten the health of an entire nation.
Here are the top 10 things missing from Obama's health care reform plan (and often absent from the debate):
- #1) Ending the FDA's suppression of natural cures and safe, effective nutritional supplements.
- #2) Initiating a real investment in public education to teach people about how to prevent disease with nutrition.
- #3) Ending Big Pharma's monopoly on drug prices and drug patents (not to mention patents on human genes and animals).
- #4) Restoring the ability for local doctors to practice local medicine without being controlled from bureaucrats in Washington.
- #5) Cracking down on junk food advertising, soda advertising and pharmaceutical ads that convince people to purchase products that will only harm them.
- #6) Banning dangerous chemical ingredients that cause diseases in the first place (aspartame, MSG, sodium nitrite, etc.)
- #7) A real effort to improve school lunches and serve food that's nutritious instead of food that's cheap and convenient.
- #8) Ending bizarre food subsidies on crops like corn that end up making high-fructose corn syrup the cheapest sweetener for manufacturers to use.
- #9) Affirming health freedom for parents who wish to opt out of the current system of forced vaccinations and gunpoint-enforced chemotherapy.
- #10) Requiring honest food labeling where irradiated and GMO foods are clearly labeled as such.
In fact, the current health care reform debate is missing a long list of items that are essential to a genuine improvement in the health outcome of the American people. Initiating a real investment in public education to teach people about how to prevent disease with nutrition...