It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glaring Omission - AQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Anyone noticed that since Obama came to power, AQ has all but disappeared, and it is "The Taliban" we are fighting in Afghanistan, not AQ?

Why the sudden change of focus? I thought it was AQ we were chasing down in Afghanistan?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted by mirageofdeceit
Anyone noticed that since Obama came to power, AQ has all but disappeared, and it is "The Taliban" we are fighting in Afghanistan, not AQ?

Why the sudden change of focus? I thought it was AQ we were chasing down in Afghanistan?

Barack Obama has ordered Al-CIA-da to keep a lower profile and stay out of the headlines, ever since he warned Americans not to challenge the Official 9/11 Story.

The TALIBAN is the boogeyman now.

"These are not opinions to be debated . . . these are facts to be dealt with."

President Obama deliberately lies about 9-11 - - of course Obama knows he is lying.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is just off the top of my head but it occurs to me that the Taliban (indigenous Afghanis) never really liked Al Quaeda (Arabs from Saudi) and no more so than post 9/11, for obvious reasons. Al Quaeda is probably not that active in Afghanistan anymore. I'm thinking they are confined to Pakistani operations now.

Who knows? They may erupt into prominence in Saudi Arabia, which would necessitate intervention by American forces, obviously. Heck, to protect the Saudi regime American forces might have to take over Saudi Arabia, or at least the greasy parts of it, in the face of that terrible menace.

Overall, I think the main point would be that the US effort is to get the Taliban and whatever Al Quaeda are left in Afghanistan, to move into Pakistan and destabilize the government there, hence the battle against the Taliban.

Also there is the issue of pipeline access through Afghanistan. I'm thinking that must be on the front burner now, making it necessary to keep the Taliban fully occupied and away from any opportunity to cause pipeline problems.

I don't think we've heard the last of Al Quaeda. America has hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising invested in them.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

The BBC claims that there was no Al Qaeda before 9/11 and bin Laden only used the name once he realised the US starting describing him as the head of this organisation.

While it is understood that bin Laden used his immense wealth to finance the war in Afghanistan against the Soviets, financed building and development projects like in Sudan, gave money to various militant groups that approached, he had no supreme control of a wide ranging network of terrorists nor did this network actually exist.

It seems that the US hoped to tie in its various interest around the world and the associated conflicts as one issue to wage an ongoing war easily packaged and saleable to the US public.

So if this position by the BBC is true the question is what portion of the official version of 9/11 is untrue?

It could be argued that even though Al Qaeda does not exist, bin Laden was involved in financing or even organising groups, loosely affiliated to him, to attack the US.

Further still, it is possible that the Bush administration were ostensibly telling the truth of bin Laden's involvement in the terrorist attack and wished to take advantage to employ the 'politics of fear' to sustain the military industrial complex.

[edit on 013131p://pm3108 by masonwatcher]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit

Geeez m-o-d
It could easily be missed with all the other crap he is up to.
Thanks for pointing this out.
I know we will get an ear full when a few of the GL arrive.
I will reserve my comments on this subject for a future time.
Very interesting concept as I stroke my chin.

top topics

join