It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I see my soul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I was recently reading the threads, the Astralpedia, and it got me thinking of an event I remember clearly as a child that I could never quite explain.

I was at least 8 or 9 at the time and it was at about 2:20 am, the room was filled with the bluish light that usually comes just before the dawn of a cloudy day. I had just been asleep but I can't remember what if anything I was dreaming about. I opened my eyes and to my surprise was a young boy staring back at me, with a very startled expression on his face. He was very similar to me in appearance but not exactly like me. When I saw him I was frozen with fear, or it may have been sleep paralysis I'm not sure now. I didn't move a muscle and just stared at him, and he stared back.
I blinked once and his neck and feet had disappeared, I blinked again and he was gone completely, and the room was pitch black. The first thing I did was checked my watch and it read 2:23 am. I was really confused about the whole thing, but fell back asleep fairly fast. I explained what happened to my parents the next morning, they'd never heard of anything like it.

At the time I was completely convinced it was some ghost, an ancestor maybe, which would explain the likeness of this thing to me, that had wandered into a place where it shouldn't have been and me being able to see it had startled it, but I'm not so sure now.

In any case I'm thinking that it was perhaps my soul, or astral body, that had been unintentionally wandering about outside my body while I was asleep, which is why my perception of the room was off but just as my soul was coming back, my body was awoken for some reason and I happened to catch a glimpse of my soul getting sucked back into my body.

Or maybe I'm just insane and was hallucinating. Anyone else experience or hear about something like this?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

I think it might of been your astral body they say the astral body leaves to go to other planes of existince at night then brings back memories of being on the astral plane to the sleeper which then the sleeper inturpetes thease memories as dreams.So i guess it might of been your soul or astral body.I hope you find out.

Good luck

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Zeplin100]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irishwolf
Or maybe I'm just insane and was hallucinating. Anyone else experience or hear about something like this?

The brain cannot see the soul. Now that doesn't mean you can't see your soul.

Sounds more like you noticed the aura of your energy.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

What do you mean by the first part?

It definitely wasn't just an aura it was a very clear person standing about two metres away from my bed.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irishwolf

Originally posted by dzonatas

What do you mean by the first part?

It definitely wasn't just an aura it was a very clear person standing about two metres away from my bed.

The brain is the physical part of the mind. The brain is limited in functionality of the 3 dimensional reality it is in. If there is something you sense, like the shape of a person in front of you, it is your brain that tries to merge what you sense and what it sees (senses). The familiar image your brain found is what something you recognized as yourself. The brain maybe sparked a memory of you looking in the mirror earlier. It is not a hallucination. The brain normally does this. (Try to stare off into complete darkness for awhile and watch what your brain tries to image out of the darkness.)

It could very simply have been an emotion of yours, since you did mention a bit of paralysis. The aura of the emotion was sensed, the brain made an image, and you slowly focused it altogether in moments.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In astral projection, it happens naturally when your higher brain and so mind, powers down, your body goes into regenerative sleep then there is a period during REM when the spiritual energies may leave and wander space-time in association with what your subconscious is processing.
Those energies of the synergy of self are not bound by temporal lock and so transcend past, future linear time-space barriers of corporeal self, as well as navigate the present.

You wouldn't have awoken and seen your aura outside your body, when you wake up into your conscious mind and higher brain kicks in, what left your body will have already returned.

You may have had a waking remnant of your dream state, that's very possible and does happen frequently, some people make a fair bit out of it some it just passes by.

It could also have been an apparition because you were in a highly perceptive post sleep state and something you may never pick up outside the twilight between sleep and wakefulness.
[Similar to a natural state of meditation throughh chakra levels, when neurochemical and neural activity resonate risidual psionic patterning and energies into the awakening higher brain from sub mind, similar to what is termed 'Lucid Dreaming' which is easy enough to develop. if you get me drift like.]

If it was an apparition you saw, you were young and your mind as an adult may not process the same unless you have cultured your spirituality and mystic self, if it was heightened perception of non corporeal phenomenon, you should have cultured yourself to at least being a medium if not in meta-sciences, or Alchemic craft, or occult science as some prefer to call it.

Astral projection as an art practised by adepts and students of crafts etc, however, can transmigrate or port elements of their 'energies' and essentially able to trans locate parts of their astral selves and look back at their physical selves, even Tibetan priests and others can develop such and do just that, but as a natural occurrence, from what i understand of these things it was unlikely in my humble opinion, sorry.

It likely means you meta-perceived though, if not a waking dream, remnant of dream state, that means whatever age you are now, it's something which says you'd pick up mysticism and the forms of spiritual and mental development easily enough if you aren't into it and were you to want to.

I began getting very interested in such when first in my teens but that sort of thing happened to me a lot, years younger, most kids do have a fair bit of psychic phenomenon in their lives but quickly learn the attitudes of adults deem it a mental health issue a lot if parents and social groups aren't open minded to the universe and spirituality, programmed to decry anything to do with magick and/or psychic phenomenon, as an evil, which is nonsense as their are polarities to everything and a lot in between, the third way between polarities is a path to much wisdom that neither extreme of polarity can realise. Then kids shut that away and so it disappears the older we get if we don't culture what we are all born with.
[Concisely speaking that is, of course, a whole volume can be written on that and then some, ay. Druidic tribes peoples were wise enough to teach their young honestly and were better peoples for it, Creationists seek to indoctrinate a narrow field of view and dogmatic denial of science, for instance.]

Paxus.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think the first ever time I did astrally project, when I closed my eyes in my astral body, everything was red (like when you close your eyes on a sunny day) and my body was glowing white.

I've never heard abuot this happening.

top topics

join