It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(MSWC) A Quarter to 12...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Lisa had awoke from a very deep sleep, yawning lazily she cast a glance at the old alarm clock by the bedside. Within a hazey vision she gasped at the time on the clock that read a Quarter to 12. The clock was frozen in time, her head pounded and she shivered at the thought of an overwhelming sense of dread and nausea of what had happened the night before.
"What happened?"-she asked herself. A dizzy spell took place as her eyes darted to and throw around the room. At last a memory, a small fragment shone through her mind. A vision came spinning and splintered momentarily in highlighting colours that shocked her mind.
The last she could remember was standing outside her house staring at the bright beaming lights that glared into her soul. Fear and panic swept over her as she recalled the terror of the night before. She lifted herself off the bed and walked into the next room of her appartment. Confused and dazed at what lay before her eyes was a huge destruction. Her room was upside down. The place was thrown into chaos. She ran from the room into the bathroom and instantly heaved into the toilet bowl. She was ill from fever and a unusual tingling sensation spread throughout her body.
Trying to make sense of what had happened, she thought had she been robbed? raped? An errie feeling of fear possesed her mind. No, this was not a robbery, again the memories flashed before her. A frightening revelation took place of a grey creature, small with wirey long fingers and huge black eyes that pierced through her. She screamed and ran from the house.
Later, she awoke in hospital, her mother and sister by her side comforting her. Comming to from the induced sedative that was earlier given, she now recognized the familiar faces around her. The doctor spoke to her mother and said,-"She's beginning to stabilize". Her mother wept and said, 'I should of known and seen it comming"-meaning the "breakdown". The doctor confirmed the diagnosis and left the room. Lisa screamed silently in her mind, "No they're wrong," "How could they do this to me?" She squirmed and panted heavily in the bed, and was given another shot of sedatives by the nurse.
Sometime in the early hours she heard a noise and felt a tingling sensation begin to rise within her. Gripped by fear, she jumped up from the bed when she caught sight of a strange dark figure, long and thin, staring coldly into her eyes. Tears began to fill up and a scream let out but she was paralysed both physically and vocaly. Never before had she experienced such terror. A voice spoke in her mind that was foreign and commanding. She listened to the words silently echoing through her mind. "You cannot run", "You have been selected". She forced her mind to scream at the evil predator, and fought desperatley. Though struggling she could not over come the force that was strongly compelling her mind and body.
Throughout the years this battle of evil continued to haunt her. She often had vivid memories of lying on a metal bed. A bright light flooded her eyes as she layed paralysed and was physically examined against her will. The probings and the menacing faces of the dark grey creatures filled her mind with terror.
She watched the large, owl like, tar black eyes engulf her mind and body. There was always a strong and sharp smell of sulpher that lingered in the room. Most times she lay there helpless and would often loose consciousness, only to awake the next day with a vague and strange memory of a dark and sinister night.
Lisa these days tries not to dwell upon those memories of the images of the errie grey creatures, that still mask her mind. She has not had any more experiences, not since the early days back in the time that her living nightmares took place with these creatures.
Although, she shudders when she sees the face on the clock that shows the time, a quarter to 12.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is a great story. I can see you have put time and effort into creating it. If I could offer a few suggestions though? I will send them via U2U if you approve

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by catalyst2466

Very good premise for a story catalyst. I am led to believe that the aliens may have been real. I think you have really thought about the story as you wrote. Well done.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good story my friend. Spooky though, aliens coming in and all that give me the willies. Your writing style has somewhat of a haunting tone to it and tends to hod on to the reader. Thanks for sharing it with us.

S & F for you and I hope you do well in the contest.

top topics

join