It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Saucer caught on tape in Manchester, UK - Good video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This footage recorded by troublesome 2009 in Manchester, UK on August 13, 2009 shows
a red saucer shaped UFO hovering for sometime at daylight. Good video by
troublesome2009, I have seen similar videos of this kind of UFO in the UK, this one is
clear. Unless this is some kind of blimp or something similar this is a good one for
analysis. Watch in HQ for better resolution just click the YoTube link.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by free_spirit]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well it was a clear (ish) day yesterday over here so the footage does represent the weather on the 13th.

Its pretty clear when you zoom in - good footage of something out there for sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Does indeed look like a dirigible of some sort...

Would be good to get this stabalised - if only I had the know how !

Kind regards,

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This looks to be balloons as usual.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

I don't suppose it had 'Manchester Evening News' written on the side did it?

It looks a lot like this futuristic Helium Balloon

Edit: to add pic

Nice find s&f

[edit on 14-8-2009 by deadoralive]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Damn I sure picked the wrong day to go to RAF Waddington to watch the jets. Anyway this looks like a advertising blimp thats broken from its mooring and just being tossed around in the wind.The position of the sun from the glare and the wind direction yesterday (SouthEasterly) confirms this is the the case.
Would be worth asking Manchester Control if they had any NOTAMS (Notice To Airmen) about this blimp if it was likely posing a hazard to Manchester inbound aircraft.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It turned red cause it wasn't going anywhere.
Looks stuck for awhile.
Otherwise it would not have been caught on video.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Looks like a balloon to me.

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Coulkd be a blimp. It's interesting how it seems to change colour and shape at times.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
At times it appears to have very thin legs of sorts.
Could be a bug of some type. Even a ladybird.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think this probably is a balloon. In some parts of the video you can even get a glimpse of what looks like a string under the "UFO".

This is a screenshot from the video at 2:48. (Sorry for the poor quality, this was the best I could do to show the string):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33666ef8dd3d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Could be an ad blimp...but curious...could regular helium balloons compress like that due to changes in alt. / temp. or pressure? If so. would account for many far away helium balloons appear saucer shaped in appearance..."smushed" so to speak...

CDS

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I read that it was the Burnley Balloon festival this weekend, infact today I believe it was cancelled due to the bad weather but preperations were already being made on Friday for the weekends event.
I'll try and make some inquiries as to wether anything broke loose and made its way over Manchester, as Burnley is in North Manchester and would have been tavelling in a general southerly direction at the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Its very interesting, and I wouldnt be too quick to call balloon. How does a balloon change colors? At 5:21/22 into the video you can see a green mist come out of the bottom, sort of like a string, but its not there before or after..so I wouldnt call it a string. But thats just my opinion
thanks for the video!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Just watched the video and I don't know what it is. Notice at around 7:48 as it enters the cloud it makes a little poof or O ring, kind of like it is heated.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
Just watched the video and I don't know what it is. Notice at around 7:48 as it enters the cloud it makes a little poof or O ring, kind of like it is heated.

I went back & looked at that.

You're right.....that is an odd effect.

That 1st video still looks 100% like a mylar balloon.

The other stills aren't quite so unambiguous, but that 1st one is.

Based on:

Ziggystar60's picture with the string.....

The way the object just drifts along without exhibiting any sort of "intelligent" control.....

That 1st video still that looks 100% like a mylar ballon....

At this point I'll say "balloon".

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

The change of colour could be due to the sunlight reflecting off of it as it moves about.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this one, free_spirit
Maybe it's some balloon: i remember that once a very similar sighting took place near Milan, Italy, and it turned out to be THIS:

The absence of intelligent manoeuvres is a very heavy clue, not a proof, but nothing in its movements makes me rule out the balloon theory.

new topics

top topics

join