It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Officer of the Year' Pulls People Over While Drunk!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Police: Bexar County Constable was drunk and pulling people over
Police say early Sunday morning, the calls started coming in from concerned citizens, reporting a vehicle driving recklessly through San Antonio.
The callers all said the same thing: someone was inside the Constable's car, and whoever it was was drunk.

Link to Source

Now an officer -- 47-year-old Lt. Arthur MacCubbin, the unit's "Deputy of the Year" in 2006 -- has been arrested, charged with DWI and placed on administrative leave.

Witnesses say MacCubbin -- patrolling in a vehicle clearly marked with the constable's logo on the side -- was driving recklessly, turning the vehicle's emergency lights on and off and trying to pull people over. One witness tried to follow the peace officer in order to better report him. However, police say that witness ended up crashing into a curb at Potranco and Loop 1604.
Police were finally able to catch up with the constable car at the turnaround at Loop 1604 and Culebra. That's when police discovered MacCubbin behind the wheel, and three other men in the car.

Those three men have been identifed as Derek Ybanez, 23, Eric Litherland, 21, and John Hill, 25. Police say the men had "bloodshot eyes, slurred speech, odor of intoxicants, and could not maintain their balance."

"Here's a great idea!! Let's get drunk and go cruise around in my constable car! Sound like fun? We can flip the lights and siren on and pull people over! It'll be AWESOME!!! Man, I'm glad I'm Deputy of the Year!! This job has awesome perks!!"

yup. way to go deputy dawg.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
When I got pulled over New Years Eve 1998 in Texas, the Highway Patrol members that attempted to give me sobriety tests were all super smashed. I was actually sober and they smelt like liquor hard core. They were all falling over and stuff. I met at least 8 drunk officers that hour.

They gave me the sobriety tests about 20 times before they gave up and let me go with a ticket for having my brights on.

They were actually so drunk, that I got away with using my twin brothers licence since I did not have my own. We do not look anything alike either.

My brother was pissed though, so I went and admitted to the judge that I faked the drunk cops out cuz they were so massively drunk. The judge let me off cuz he knew his officers were idiots.

Talk about drunk cops! It happens everywhere all the time apparently! Especially on New Years!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Whats' the problem? As a LEO, he is above the law. He can do whatever he likes, unless it gets news and his fellow gangbangers are forced to prosecute by public outrage. No one was hurt, leave the poor guy alone!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The police seems to be forgetting their sworn oath the the Constitution, and they also seem to have forgotten that there are laws that govern them too. Police hate me for policing the police, this is the term they gave me. But, hey, somebody has to do it! Here is the real deal, people. the Sheriff and his Deputies are the only legal police force in America. The Sheriff is an ELECTED OFFICIAL. All other police are hired (as agents of the STATE, a created body) through political legislation and statutory laws, which are not laws at all. they are, rather, rules of a Corporate Entity that operates above the law, and against the Constitution of the united States. We should all have a bumper sticker that says, "Taser Attacks Will Be Met with Deadly Force."

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't want to be pulled over by those guys, but I sure do want to PARTY with them!!

WOO HOO!

That is one h*ll of a party, with 4 grown men drunk enough to think taking the patrol car out is a good idea! And then, to drive bad enough that in the middle of the night, several citizens noticed, and called it in?!?!

That had to be some really bad driving!

Edit to add:

I think the Pigpen's cow might have been at that party too!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

new topics

top topics

join