It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concept of All-Powerful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If you think a supermassive Black Hole at the centers of galaxies capable of fully influencing its own evolution and all life in it, and can be considered 'All-Powerful' then consider these facts:

-It takes 225 million years for the Sun to complete one complete orbit around the galactic center
-The Solar System is approximately 26,000 light years from the galactic center so any major event happening there will take 26,000 for us to see and experience the effects.
-In 2 billion years, Milky Way and Andromeda galaxy will experience first 'close pass' before merging completely in 5 billion years and this even was described in the Bible!
-Disturbances in the Oort Cloud which sends comets in our way will take thousands of years for us to observe these 'disturbed' comets.

We are talking of thousands to millions, even billions of years... That's awful lots of time!

The point is, we are just impatient!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ok I don't undeerstand what that meant but I do know that the Earth is not billion of years old, we doubled our amount of people in like 500 years, and 6 timed it from 1 billion to 6 billion in what 200 years? I dunno.

Point is that if the Earth was a billion years old, hech a million years old, we should have trillions of people by now considering babies having babies and what not, the spread of people happens rapidly.

That's why the flood was around 4,400 years ago.

Btw OP. You have MUCH more brains then me in this area, I'm glad to see some christian scientists out there.

peace

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

that is no proof at all

the Earth is believed at 5 billions years of age...carbon dating...fossil records...are those all fake?

If evolution is true then the reason we don't have a trillion of us right now is becaus it took millions of years to get to humans

However...if the bible is true...why all the fossil records and the widespread belief of evolution...was all the carbon dating some massive prank?

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Carbon tests are not all accurate if I'm not mistaken Kyozero, and the fossil record I believe were caused by the flood, making the layers in the Earth.

They also found blood cells in Dinosaurs which die off after a couple thousand years.

If the world is 5 billion years old and it took millions of years to get humans, then that means humans would have came into existence around 4 billion?

what's the didference?

4 billion 5 billion, in that time human life would be in the trillions or even zillions by now.

Like I said we went from about 1 billion to 6 billion in 200 years, I don't know the exact math, but compare 200 to 4 billion...

we should have so many people by now that we should have people on Mars and the moon, underwater homes ect...

But I don't want to derail the thread and turn it into another evolution debate.

peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

well you did begin the so-called derailment by bringing up a valid point though

you don't beiev evolution..am I expected to let you make your point and say nothing in defense? I think evolution is a very valid point...you simply can't say that the Earth is a few thousand years old with no concrete proof and then just walk expecting it not to be debated

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think JesusisTruth's claim is based on calculation of years from Adam to the succeeding generations up to the birth of Jesus Christ, and Jesus' timeline overlapping with the Roman Civilization.

Add those up, it only amounts to several thousand years...

Forget about carbon-dating, we can simply look at the stars thousands of years back as the ancients saw it. The stars moved only 'a little' speaking of the constellation shapes. And in that very little time, I doubt that stars would just pop out of nowhere - "Let there be Light". There should be some sort of nebula left, as these things doesn't simply go away that quick due to vast interstellar distances.

We may actually be just living a small fraction of the 6th day.. The Bible actually speaks of billions of years. With the special mention of the Solar System getting 'cast out' of the Milky Way, that's billions of years in the future as predicted by scientists.

new topics

top topics

join