It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone live in New England and up for a adventure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I got this book for christmas called "Weird New England," a spinoff to the book "Weird USA." Basicly, its discription is "Your Travel Guide to New England's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets. It is a very entertaining read, and growing up in New England I recognize a few of the places the book mentions. A few accounts were chilling, including that of "The House of the Faceless."

The passage is this:

"Somewhere on a rutted, nearly impassable back road in rural Monroe, Connecticut, stands what locals call the House of the Faceless People. This achient, ramshackle farmhouse is surrounded by
swaps and marshland, partially enclosed within a forest of gnarled, bent and bony looking trees. All its windows are boarded up. Since faceless people have no eyes, they have no need of windows. But there is another dimension to this archtitecual modification: security. The house is fortlike- impenetrable- as if it were designed to keep something out-or in.
If visted at night- and thats the only time to visit to experience the full effect of the place- the house will appear gray in the moonlight. It will be entirely dark. To the faceless, interior decorating is as useless as window. But, we're told, on certain occasions a dim kerosene lamp will be visible through the slats covering the window of one room at the downstairs left corner. This, is said to be the caretaker's room. He's an old man who oversees the faceless ones. Though he is occasionaly seen working around the yard or chasing away cars that pass too slowly, his faceless charges remain a mystery.
But there are a few rare inviduals who have chanced to glimpse them. These unfortunate witnesses tell a haunting tale of white domed men, with streched membrane where their eyes should be, colorless lips, bumps for noses, holes for ears. But their senses seem strangly heightned, for they will quickly duck out of sight when strangers are nearby, alerted by-who knows?"

This caught my attention because earlier today I was reading about faceless demons.
I know this very well be a campfire story, or a rural legend- but has anyone been to Monroe, Connecticut? Does anyone live in Connectitcut who would be willing to check this out? It may be a pretty cool thing to check out

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm from New England, but not Connecticut. That's quite a wild story. Never heard of this before.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm not from there, but keep us posted if you ever visit the places in the book, and make sure to take lots of pics!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
That sounds pretty fun/interesting. If I lived there I'd be up for it. I live in CA and we don't have much stuff like that, except the mansion of the guy that started some gun company. When he died his wife became obsessed with contacting the dead and built the house into a crazy place. There are doors and stairs that lead to nowhere and stuff like that, its pretty interesting. I've visited a few times.

And be sure to keep us updated if you ever visit the places in that book!

Peace

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Dude, are you kidding!?? We have UFOs!
and Lockheed, so we're bound to see crazy shiz in the sky!
Besides, I'm sure there are some pretty crazy haunted gold mining sites...
Don't dis our republic!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Dude, are you kidding!?? We have UFOs!
and Lockheed, so we're bound to see crazy shiz in the sky!
Besides, I'm sure there are some pretty crazy haunted gold mining sites...
Don't dis our republic!

haha! Thats true. I have seen ufos, I don't know if they are aliens or not. I live in the bay area and over the golden gate bridge there is a nice mountain called Mt. Tamalpais and my wife and I are into nighttime hiking and a few times we have seen strange things in the sky like small balls of light. They zip around extremely fast and usually dance like this for a while then they descend behind the mountain. There is also some reports of uso's in the area, the locals talk about a lot. Its hard to describe what my wife and I have seen but they are definitely objects. We go late night hiking 3 times a month every month for the past 2 years or so and have seen them 3 separate times. We have recently started bringing a vid camera and of course now we never see anything, we hope to catch something though.

Peace.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

top topics

join