It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS report: Sorcha Faal provided the intel!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The sources that led to the infamous document characterizing our veterans and patriots as "potential terror threats".
Original report by DHS

courtesy a FOIA request by getliberty.org

Article source

copy of homeland security response letter

The source most often listed?

Whatdoesitmean.com

HA!!!

Sorcha Faal got DHS all worked up

The second most cited source?

Good ol' SPLC themselves.

SPLC report: Return of the Militias

[edit on 13-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

added link to original report by DHS

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If Napolitano was "DOH!!!" when this first hit the news, she is gonna really be hating it this time.

Foremost upon the websites DHS relied upon to launch its ruthless, reckless assault was a site called whatdoesitmean.com. In its response to the ALG FOIA request, DHS reported utilizing the site no less than eleven times – far more than any other site – to substantiate its accusations against veterans and other “rightwing extremists.”

And what is the thrust of whatdoesitmean.com – this site the Obama Administration considers a reliable source for intelligence gathering against the American people?

Whatdoesitmean.com contends that the government of the United States has been in direct contact with extra-terrestrial aliens through sophisticated radio waves. Its masthead contains unicorns, Tarot cards, secret numbers, and hieroglyphics. And it warns against a “manmade swine flu” and “fast-approaching global famine.”

But with all those crazy birthers and gun-toters thugging the town halls, this probably won't be covered[/sarcasm]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

This would be quite funny if it weren't so serious.
DHS, along with the rest of this "gang that can't shoot straight" administration continues to show the rest of the world that the Three Stooges can't hold a candle to their antics.

This administration is a complete embarrassment, but more importantly, they are destroying this country. Is it any wonder that the poster of the joker was superimposed over Obama's face? If the mask fits, wear it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If DHS actually took anything written by Faal seriously, than we now have absolute supreme proof that they are blubbering idiots.

And not just your typical village idiot. I mean were talking top of the line here, creme de la creme.

I hope this is all a big misunderstanding.

If this is true, than I suppose DHS has lost all credibility as well, not like they had any to begin with.

Talk about embarrassing though.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If DHS actually took anything written by Faal seriously, than we now have absolute supreme proof that they are blubbering idiots.

And not just your typical village idiot. I mean were talking top of the line here, creme de la creme.

I hope this is all a big misunderstanding.

If this is true, than I suppose DHS has lost all credibility as well, not like they had any to begin with.

Talk about embarrassing though.

The copy of the FOIA disclosure lists the sources they cited as intel on the report project. Sad, but true. I LMAO for a couple minutes and now i'm just sad and worried.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
star, and flag for an EXCELLENT FIND.

Too funny they site "Sorta False".

I like the site layout, and they have many great articles in the news sections, but the articles at the top really make me scratch my head......

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Faal may have finally latched onto something with even the slightest sense or sort of credibility behind it ... most likely not, though. :shk:

... leaving DHS holding the bag in a Most embarrassing manner.

Certainly Not the first time and Definitely won't be the last...

... gotta keep the fear-mongering level, quota filled, ya know?

Yellow?
Orange?
Red?
Rainbow?

What better way than to rely on, quote a known propagandist...

... perhaps they're taking notes, lessons. (?)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
star, and flag for an EXCELLENT FIND.

Too funny they site "Sorta False".

I like the site layout, and they have many great articles in the news sections, but the articles at the top really make me scratch my head......

Some of HIS stuff is real mainstream (probably copied ideas) current event, and some is like WTF?

(edit to change gender, now that I have denied some ignorance)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7

Some of her stuff is real mainstream (probably copied ideas) current event, and some is like WTF?

Actually Faal is not a woman. Its a guy

And he's not Russian. Hes American.

Go figure. Faal = complete bs

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
[[insert face palm here]]

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Starred and Flagged and I'm gonna DIGG it, because I doubt this will be widely propagated otherwise.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
And this Gov't run system is supposed to keep us safe from the evil terrorists? If they can't even properly vet their "intelligence" then how can they possibly run health care in a efficent manner? Going back to the Bush era and the intelligence that got us into Iraq, this gov't is proving itself to be more and more incompetant every day. I agree with a previous poster, I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

dayyyuuummm. The joke is on me all these months...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what this means in layman's terms?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

I'm sorry if it seems cryptic.

Mr. Faal has acquired, in great part of his own doing, a reputation for the inflammatory and sensational when dealing with any news that is either political or social. He is the equivalent of the guy with the sandwich board hanging over his shoulders reading "The End is Nigh!", ringing a bell, and crying our that everyone is evil and corrupt..., in a sense he might be right..., but literally he is often very wrong.

Perhaps it would be better to describe him as a "yellow" journalist. Perhaps there should be an entirely different category for his kind.

oops meant to preview....

If you wanted to 'prove' that there's violence in our future, you would quote this guy often and as authoritative.... which is the shallow depth at which the ideologues at DHS operate.

Some call it cherry picking data to make your point .... most call it disingenuous manipulation.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

A while back, DHS published this nugget.
dhs-rightwing-extremism.pdf

That was bad.

Now their "research material" has been revealed through FOIA to contain several links to this website, operated by known kook loony fraud Sorcha Faal.

www.whatdoesitmean.com

It was the most cited source in their research that has been released so far.

Basically, it just cast DHS in an even worse light than it already has.

Sorry if I oversimplified, no disrespects

S for maxmars, for eloquence.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the help, people.

So basically, DHS took Faal (who is a little off-kilter)as truth, and are spazzing over him?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That they don't read this board, otherwise they would have known better.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Absolutely, many msm articles. I read the off the wall stuff just looking to find similarities in things I've noticed. Sometimes there close, and sometimes they're so far off in space; I cannot read them for a great deal of time.

For example I've heard about a shadow power broker war going on for a while now. There are PLENTY of odd events that don't add up; lending credence to what they say, but then they always spin it to absolute crud.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I can recall every time someone would source Suchafarse on this board they get ripped for the source being untrustworthy.

Wow this proves that they are paid mouth breathers indeed.

Window lickers!

[edit on 13-8-2009 by antar]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oh dear.

I'm having one of those, "beat my head on the desk, laughing, crying and frightening my cat" moments.

I think this falls into the category, of well, if they had a Darwin Award for simple not checking their sources, these people would have it in spades.

Someone, somewhere, has some explaining to do.

Too funny, but disturbing on many levels.
M.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join