It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Reality TV: Police Brutality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Police Women of Broward County is a new docudrama on TLC.

Take a look at these clips:

On this first one, listen to what the officer says in the first 10 seconds or so of the ad . . .

(click to open player in new window)

Really? There is ALWAYS a good time to use a Tazer?

And dragging someone completely off the tricycle onto the pavement? Seriously? If they were going to try and get away, how fast is that thing gonna go that you need to do that? That is uncalled for

Here is a sneak peek at the same female officer who said that. Her name is Andrea. In this clip, the man was selling weed . . . .

And she states in the beginning that her son is the only man in the world to get one over on her.
Someone should tell her that their is two men. Someone had to knock her up, unless she is the Virgin Mary reincarnated. I think she has issues with men, just by that comment alone.

Here is Ana. She is frisking an old crack whore for drugs.

She thinks the lady is trying to shove baggies down the backside of her panties, so she slams her to the floor. Real great!
It is not like she was all alone. She only had three big muscular officers with her as back up.

This is Shelunda. She seems to not like people at all.

(paraphrasing here)

"So what's going on?"

"Nothing, officer. I am doing nothing wrong."

"Just shut the f*** up. Shut up. I do not want to hear you! Now walk the line!"

"Why? I have done nothing wrong."

"Ok, you are guilty because I say you are, get in the car!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My thoughts:

WTF is this crap??

I watched some of the first episode on 08/06. These ladies are brutal. The bigger problems are . . .

1.) If they are like that, who did they learn it from? They can't be the only psychotics on the force.

2.) Everyone must think it is okay, since they are making a TV show out of it.

Pathetic

I hope they get their asses sued to high heaven. This is EXACTLY what is wrong with law enforcement these days.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What I've always understood is that the majority of cops think they are above most other people simply because of their profession. Also, all these women seem to care about is sending people to jail. Going to jail is not going to solve a substance abuse problem, as alot of these offenders go right back to jail after gettiing out. Substance abuse is a medical problem, not a social one. I agree that the one woman who talked about her son obviously has a deep seeded distrust of men, at least thats what I took from her comments. I'm so tired of seeing cops on power trips whether it be slamming an 84-year old woman to the ground, or knocking around a 13-year old kid for skateboarding. To protect and serve is no longer I'm afraid as it seems the gestapo is making a comeback.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Hey that was an excellent thread, I am not going to retype what I just lost, but again great thread...

S&F

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have lost respect for most police officers..I guess we're lucky here in my town, though, the police force is still pretty tame when it comes to tasers. I havent met any brutal officers here, but then again, I usually obey the law or at least pretend to..lol

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Lack of professionalism and discipline IMO.

That lady stuffing drugs down her crack could have easily been strip searched at the police station.

My thought is that these women might feel embolden because they are on tv. I used to see some of the same slam them to the ground attitude when they aired "Cops."

Guess there afraid to be seen as weak on tv.

new topics

top topics

join