It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safari Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So i've been going through a bit of Browsers and personally like Safari.

Opera double posted or tripled posted my posts, then entered me into the twilight zone.

IE- got me made fun of :shk:

Safari though, does auto spell check, and alot of cool stuff.

Now my problem with it, is it has a very hard time uploading simple images, such as the little smilies, on ats and a ton of others, and it loads forever, is there a way I can quicken it up.

Thanks to ats members now, my new computer is no longer a drone. lol, It was awful.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Now my problem with it, is it has a very hard time uploading simple images, such as the little smilies, on ats and a ton of others, and it loads forever, is there a way I can quicken it up..

Yes!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Now my problem with it, is it has a very hard time uploading simple images, such as the little smilies, on ats and a ton of others, and it loads forever, is there a way I can quicken it up..

Yes!

I'm a poor and humble man, I can't afford a mac, although I do regret not getting one.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I'm sorry buddy, I don't know PC config. for safari.

But I hear firefox or any other mozilla based browser work decently on pcs.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Use Google Chrome. It is made with the same foundation as Safari

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

I've heard Google Chrome isn't full yet, but still lacking alot of stuff and is easily prone to virus'.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

I've heard Google Chrome isn't full yet, but still lacking alot of stuff and is easily prone to virus'.

The only problem I sometimes have with Chrome is not fully loading up videos on YouTube. I've never had any virus problems. I've been using Chrome probably about a year.

Some plugins don't work on Chrome, like the one I need to access my server/database deal for work, so I keep IE for that.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well, I cannot help with Safari (I only use it to compare the way browsers work), but I have been using Opera for some 4 years and I never had problems with double posting, the only time that happened was because I double clicked the "post" button.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would also suggest giving Chrome a try, its quite fast and stable, however poorly designed sites wont work with it but you can't blame that on the browser. About the only real issue I have is active-x controls but again thats a developer issue.

new topics

top topics

join