It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maddow fearmongering on show tonight and twitter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
twitter.com...

This is currently the last entry on her twitter page.

A comparison that was on her show tonight of McVeigh's choice of clothing and a legally carrying citizen set up down the road from Obama's town hall.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4803ccb2a93.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b6a3aaf4ab3.jpg[/atsimg]

Pic 1: is.gd... Pic 2: is.gd... Explanation: is.gd... At Obama event today: is.gd...

Now, I understand the prez travels with beaucoup Secret Service, who obviously had no problem with this, and since this guy was well within his rights, is this kind of ignorance spreading inference necessary?

had to download and embed pics from her link

[edit on 12-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If they don't scream bloody murder about it, people might start to think its OK to have a gun.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Looks like MSNBC is just becoming another HuffPo or DailyKos by their irreverent liberal rantings lately. Wonder when Soros actually got the keys to MSNBC's operations? I'm voting around the time Matthews got the thrill up his leg.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Dear OP.

If you watched her entire segment, in context, as I did, you would know the rest of the story regarding that gentleman and his sign (and gun).

Thomas Jefferson:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson quotes

IS that NOT written on McVeigh's shirt? AND, what does the sign the protester, with the prominent not-so-subtle firearm, mean????

Also, in that segment, that was but ONE example of some over-the-top excesses being spouted. Did people get away with this sort of provocation during the GWB years??

[edit on 12 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Dear OP.

If you watched her entire segment, in context, as I did, you would know the rest of the story regarding that gentleman and his sign (and gun).

Thomas Jefferson:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson quotes

IS that NOT written on McVeigh's shirt? AND, what does the sign the protester, with the prominent not-so-subtle firearm, mean????

Also, in that segment, that was but ONE example of some over-the-top excesses being spouted. Did people get away with this sort of provocation during the GWB years??

[edit on 12 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

quoting Jefferson is "provocation"?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
hey, you want some provocation?

the declaration of independence says its the right of the people to revolt against their government.

by force

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
------
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

OOOOOOOOOO SCARY~!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Well, my interpretation on it seems that it IS provacative, his sign says "It is time to water the tree."

Seems fairly clear, in the context of Jefferson's quote. It's clever, not a direct threat, not actionable by the Secret Service, but I think we all know the subtext here.....

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Very good question!

Can you give us an example of either 'Yeah' or 'Neah'?

Originally posted by mnemeth1
quoting Jefferson is "provocation"?

When your task is to revoke peoples' rights and freedoms, and you want to limit any resistance to that task, then I'd have to say 'Yes'.

[edit on 8/12/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well, my interpretation on it seems that it IS provacative, his sign says "It is time to water the tree."

Seems fairly clear, in the context of Jefferson's quote. It's clever, not a direct threat, not actionable by the Secret Service, but I think we all know the subtext here.....

OH NOSE!

He says the word liberty and tyrant in the same sentence!

You know, Jefferson could have been hung as a traitor prior to our winning the war.

Do you consider Jefferson un-American?

You do realize that this country was founded by secession right?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

...its the right of the people to revolt against their government.

by force

Sure. Is that going to be the preferred FIRST option?

NOT, say....working within the framework of the subsequent document, you know, starts with a "C", first word "We"...

What's wrong with civil discourse?

Rule of law?

WE aren't anarchists....are we? Are you? Should we? Should you?

WHAT, exactly, would warrant such an endeavour, again? Would a "Civil War" (oxymoron, isn't it?) be a good idea? Because, that seems to be the intent, here --- the rhetoric from far right, and lies and manipulatins sure seem to be a sort of 'conspiracy' to instigate a sort of 'civil' war, at least of words and ideologies. THAT conspiracy, right there, is the distraction, and it's what "they", the right wing, want...because they are up to no good, somewhere, while we're distracted.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

...its the right of the people to revolt against their government.

by force

Sure. Is that going to be the preferred FIRST option?

NOT, say....working within the framework of the subsequent document, you know, starts with a "C", first word "We"...

What's wrong with civil discourse?

Rule of law?

WE aren't anarchists....are we? Are you? Should we? Should you?

WHAT, exactly, would warrant such an endeavour, again? Would a "Civil War" (oxymoron, isn't it?) be a good idea? Because, that seems to be the intent, here --- the rhetoric from far right, and lies and manipulatins sure seem to be a sort of 'conspiracy' to instigate a sort of 'civil' war, at least of words and ideologies. THAT conspiracy, right there, is the distraction, and it's what "they", the right wing, want...because they are up to no good, somewhere, while we're distracted.

I think you are scared of the public.

Perhaps you should arm yourself.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7
Now, I understand the prez travels with beaucoup Secret Service, who obviously had no problem with this, and since this guy was well within his rights, is this kind of ignorance spreading inference necessary?

Hannity is that you? You do understand what the slogan means right? Maddow simply pointed out that a man was there with a sign that actually says that blood needs to be spilled. That is his sign, not what she compared it to. Then she went on to say that McVeigh was wearing a similar shirt. The man did this himself. What did he hope to accomplish with that sign? What did he want it to say to the president or us or the world? What did you get out of what that sign says?

On second thought, do not bother. When you have senators still claiming there will be death panels even when they know it is not in any of the proposed bills, I guess you are going to either miss the actual meaning of fear-mongering or irony.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Oh yeah, you mentioned the "Rule of Law"

Lets talk about that for a moment.

Article 1 section 8 of the US Constitution defines the powers of Congress.

Congress is limited to less than 20 things it has the power to legislate over.

99.9999% of what the congress is involved in today is unconstitutional.

Cap and trade, healthcare reform, social security, medicare, bailing out private industry, invading countries without a declaration of war, printing fiat money that is not backed by gold or silver, ect.. ect.. ect... is unconstitutional.

The government is a criminal enterprise and is violating every single clause of the constitution at this time.

There is no rule of law in this nation.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes, I did in fact watch the whole segment.

And you know as well as I do that she's suggesting that anyone who uses that Jefferson quote is a kill-everything nutjob like McVeigh?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes, I did in fact watch the whole segment.

And you know as well as I do that she's suggesting that anyone who uses that Jefferson quote is a kill-everything nutjob like McVeigh?

Jefferson was a wack job.

He actually thought he could take on the most powerful military in the world with a bunch of rag tag farmers and win.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You know, Jefferson could have been hung as a traitor prior to our winning the war.

Of course. AND others. Did the victorious Colonists (ex-Colonists) behave savagely towards the defeated British? I mean, besides individual atrocities. I haven't studied Revolutionary War history in that sort of depth, just basics, and atrocities wold likely be purged, no? Sanitized, I mean.

I'm just trying to understand EXACTLY what rights are being "taken away" because of a Health Care Bill debate, and how that perception warrants armed insurrection?
Seems a bit knee-jerk here.

This OP was started, wasn't it, because of the protester at some "Town Hall" that was convened to discuss Health Care? Or, is it somewthing else that these people have a valid greivance over.

Where are rights being infringed? The Patriot Act? That's a real doozy, that one torqued me off. Warrantless wiretaps? Again, I'm mad as a wet hen there too. Illegal armed conflicts, under false pretenses, and under-the-table no-bid contracts for good ole' boy cronies to get more wealthy than they already are? Makes my blood boil. DO I WANT to form a lynch mob over those?? NO!!! I would prefer to see a lawful, and just, accounting made of those responsible for any illegal activities, whatever they may be. THAT is a society of law.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Of course. AND others. Did the victorious Colonists (ex-Colonists) behave savagely towards the defeated British? I mean, besides individual atrocities. I haven't studied Revolutionary War history in that sort of depth, just basics, and atrocities wold likely be purged, no? Sanitized, I mean.

I'm just trying to understand EXACTLY what rights are being "taken away" because of a Health Care Bill debate, and how that perception warrants armed insurrection?
Seems a bit knee-jerk here.

This OP was started, wasn't it, because of the protester at some "Town Hall" that was convened to discuss Health Care? Or, is it somewthing else that these people have a valid greivance over.

Where are rights being infringed? The Patriot Act? That's a real doozy, that one torqued me off. Warrantless wiretaps? Again, I'm mad as a wet hen there too. Illegal armed conflicts, under false pretenses, and under-the-table no-bid contracts for good ole' boy cronies to get more wealthy than they already are? Makes my blood boil. DO I WANT to form a lynch mob over those?? NO!!! I would prefer to see a lawful, and just, accounting made of those responsible for any illegal activities, whatever they may be. THAT is a society of law.

Healthcare reform is one of a long list of items that warrant insurrection.

As I pointed out in my previous post, we have no rule of law in this nation.

Nearly every single clause in the constitution is being violated at this time.

Perhaps you should read it once.

It may shock you to find out what it actually says.

Keep in mind it was written by the same men who just got done killing British troops that formerly ruled them.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Fine job. Good for them.

Its about time someone started showing some outrage. Bring it on.

I believe we are now starting a revolution. Its about freaking time.

Imagine, a revolution by T-Shirts, but its a start!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
McVeigh...

He didnt act alone, he had "help"...

Pleahzzze

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
McVeigh...

He didnt act alone, he had "help"...

Pleahzzze

Jesse Trentadue