It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIDS/HIV Cure Acknowledged, But Given Little Publicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've searched the site and didn't find anything about this, surprisingly (if I missed something, forgive me and delete). This isn't the usual "oh this herb cures cancer/AIDS/arthritis/etc. and the government's hiding it!" thread. This cure was published in the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine. The problem is that it's known to the medical community, but being given next to no media coverage for the rest of us to know about it.

“I can’t be sure as to why so little publicity,” Gupta said recently.

“My guess is that most scientific researchers are somewhat stunned that a clinician — not a research scientist — has been able to come up with the cure. Most of the big research money and big name American institutions are somewhat embarrassed to acknowledge that the very first case of HIV cure is not coming from their institutions....”

...“This patient has been off all his HIV drugs for two years now,” Gupta said. “He continues to show no detectable signs of HIV in all the known places HIV is detected — no signs of HIV in his blood, bone marrow, lymph nodes, intestines or brain.” Also, the patient’s T-cell count remains normal.

Thus, according to Gupta, within the limits of scientists’ ability to detect HIV, it appears this patient’s HIV has been “eradicated.”

www.baldwincountynow.com...

Personally, I think it's awfully idealistic to assume it's not receiving publicity due to hurt egos from the science community. Last time I checked, the science community doesn't control the media. Perhaps intentions more sinister are involved.

This isn't to say this is the only cure for AIDS, or to discount the fact that there are natural remedies that people have had success with in treating their respective diseases. There may be several cures for one thing, who knows. What struck me about this, however, is that it's being recognized by the scientific community, and yet I came across it entirely by accident on the internet. This should be everywhere and people should be thrilled and seeking this treatment out ASAP! But people are staying sick because it's being kept under society's radar. Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
One patient who becomes HIV-Negative does not a cure make!

Inexplicably, 10-20% of those infected with HIV develop a natural immunity within 7 years. This solitary patient could easily fall within that 10-20%.

If this is a cure, then it should be repeatable, and it should be effective the majority of the time, in excess of baseline standards and baselines with a placebo.

That means clinical trials are necessary to determine whether it was the "cure" that cured this patient, or his own immune-system.

However, if it does prove efficacious in the majority of recipients of this treatment, then this is wonderful news for everyone. No research facility or MDs should be disheartened by it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is GREAT NEWS! The cure in question are stems cells that contain a particular gene mutation known as
CCR-5 DELTA-32
Which apparently is common in north Europeans and Scandinavian countries.

This has to be more widely disseminated. Let's try to generate as much internet chatter about this as possible.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm one of those nuts that believes cures for pretty much all diseases exist, and are kept under wraps for one reason - money.

People aren't given cures. They're given treatments. How much $ do they pull in treating HIV? I don't have the first clue, but I'm betting it's a hell of a lot more than what they'd pull in curing people.

And furthermore, I'm betting this will make bigger news once the top dogs can compromise (haha) on just who gets credit, who gets more funds for such a breakthrough, etc.

If I had to go out on a conspiracy limb, I think this news, coming at this time, is convenient. Cure for a constantly shifting VIRUS? I'm sure that'll give people more confidence in their innoculations, vaccines, etc.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studenofhistory
This is GREAT NEWS! The cure in question are stems cells that contain a particular gene mutation known as
CCR-5 DELTA-32
Which apparently is common in north Europeans and Scandinavian countries.

This has to be more widely disseminated. Let's try to generate as much internet chatter about this as possible.

Does it surprise anyone in here that a virus that inexplicably appears to be three completely different viruses spliced together and has infected the heck out of Africa and limit population growth just happens to be cured by a gene common to northern Europeans?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

I completely agree. I was just reading about a drug compound that kills cancer stem cells. My mother died of cancer at the age of 41 a couple of years ago and I remember her signing stacks of papers during her first bout of cancer saying she understood that chemo would both potentially kill her cancer and definitely cause a recurrence later on down the road. Same with her radiation.

I think the community has to throw us a bone occasionally so we'll think there's hope and not get too pissed off, but nothing ever comes of the hopes or research because the medical industry would lose way too much money if they could kill cancer. Their "cures" CAUSE cancer. Why? Guaranteed repeat customers, of course! If no one's sick, lots of people are out of jobs. It's disgusting.

I personally believe there are multiple KNOWN cures for many diseases that ail us. Known by the elite, anyway, and hidden from the masses.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

In the article it said the man had had it for ten years, and the cure has something to do with a type of gene mutation that had been known. And also, these findings were presented in the new england journal of medicine. I'd like to think they would have thought of those issues you raised off the top of your head or we're not in good hands scientifically!!

new topics

top topics

join