It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Temples

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

I love you too. =)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Lol, second posts of yours i'm replying to now. What you mentioned there about your own beliefs.. It would be Theravada Buddhism in a sense, but you are right (at least how I see it) as it can only "help" the situation in the universe if you yourself free yourself from the cycles/illusion/hell of it all - it certainly can't hurt or slow down the Bodhisvatta's way.

I used to really like the Mahayana/Bodhisvatta ideal, but I lean more towards Theravada myself now. I don't think every sentient being in the universe is meant to or even wants to be "freed" and it seems quite impossible (once you freed them new ones would be born), everything has it's purpose and it is not the original teachings of Buddha. The Bodhisvatta/ Mahayana ideal was an amendment to original Buddhism. It is an extremely moral path don't get me wrong. I understand the connectedness - their suffering is my suffering and vice versa, while that is true everything in totality is just that, everything. Hard to explain, but I don't have a problem with that, even though there is one apparently.

Just my thoughts, I'm not a practicing Buddhist but have read on it a bit and it's methods and worldview I use to sort of ground myself at times - I just find the question of Mahayana or Theravada is relevant to practically everyone no matter their beliefs or religion. Just adding for discussion, I am no expert on Buddhism so take it for what you will.

Not meant to be or want to be freed? I would say all of us immortal sentient beings are bound to be freed, and the wanting comes from the ego which will die eventually in time. Also i understand what you mean as far as things being as there meant to be. But with my beliefs you can end the cycle of birth, while still being able to do good for everyone on another existence above this. Since we have not lived past this part of life and ended the cycle whose to say i could be wrong? we will see. I like your thoughts, i love you,& thanks for sharing. =)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
there is no such thing as perfect enlightenment ......

enlightenment IS perfect ..... as is life IS perfect

try Thailand for the buddhist WAY of life of a monk

to study .... try Japan

to be ..... just stay at home

<< 1   >>

join