It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI wants to ban hoodies from banks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
So now the FBI is taking hand in clothing police. And people are allowing this?
We are being profiled for what we wear and put in a catagory just because of the clothing a person likes? Or has?
This is a LOAD of crap in my opinion.

How about they stop wasting time and money on crap like this and actualy go out and catch some bad guys before they do stuff ... or even after.

I dont wear hoodies, never realy liked them, but for TPTB being allowed to tell us what to wear? That is just a bit over the line.

Whats next uniforms? give them a inch and they will beat you with the ruler.

That makes me want to go out and purchase a hoodie, and when they say something, say sorr, its the only thing i have and its friggin cold out, dont like it buy me a coat.

i dont often get upset at things that go on, just because i see them coming, and know there is nothing i can do about it. But this one came out of no where.

How many robbers do they have in the U.S. a year that rob banks and wear hoodies? Now how many of the normal population wears hoodies, so they are in essence punishing us because of what 40 people a year, or maby a few hunderd compared to millions.
Ahhh we are screwed anyway, i guess we might as well fall in place.

"come home my friends, walk on to the machine" Pink Floyd.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The bill of the hat can be pulled down to sheild the face from the cameras.

Ok people, if you don't like it then do your banking online or go through the drive through. Nobody is forcing you to go inside the bank.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The bill of the hat can be pulled down to sheild the face from the cameras.

Ok people, if you don't like it then do your banking online or go through the drive through. Nobody is forcing you to go inside the bank.

So if we dont like it, just give up our rights as free legal americans, and use alternative ways? Thats not right...
That is what has caused us to loose our rights so far. the complacity of society, Sorry, if this is enforced, i definatly will go out and buy a hoodie, and make sure to wear it to the bank. Not that i go to the bank that often, because most of my funds i already do online, or via debit card. But i will make a point of doing it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hey, other businesses have certain dress codes, limiting what attire is appropriate at their establishment. I just see this as kind of like the "no shoes, no shirt, no service" kind of policy. AND, it makes sense. This in NO WAY is an encroachment of anyone's rights. If someone wants to wear a hoodie to the bank, then by all means, use the drive through.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
All the banks in Tallahassee took this approach over a year ago. It was on the local news for awhile. The police initiated it after a LOT of bank robberies!

I almost always have a hat and sunglasses on, and I have forgot to remove them before, until I notice some stares, lol!

I think this makes good sense, and is not an invasion of any privacy; I always have the choice of not going to a bank!

I really don't think it is effective though. If I were a bank robber, I would wear the hoodie and glasses, march up to the teller and rob it anyway! What difference would a sign banning hoodies make, when my intention is to rob the place?

Bank robbery = OK, but I am too scared to break the Dress Code!??

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
What difference would a sign banning hoodies make...

I believe that if, as law abiding citizens, we don't wear sunglasses, hoodies, trench coats, etc. Then it will minimize the panic and fear that may arise from other bank customers. Think about it, if you were in line at the bank and the guy behind you was wearing sunglasses and a hoodie...wouldn't you feel a little more "on edge" than usual?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hoodies, hats and sunglasses?

That's fine; I say we walk into our local banks dressed like we're straight out of The Great Train Robbery with handkerchiefs over our faces as a show of how ridiculous this is.

If anyone says anything they're there to protect from Swine Flu.

[edit on 8/11/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by getreadyalready
What difference would a sign banning hoodies make...

I believe that if, as law abiding citizens, we don't wear sunglasses, hoodies, trench coats, etc. Then it will minimize the panic and fear that may arise from other bank customers. Think about it, if you were in line at the bank and the guy behind you was wearing sunglasses and a hoodie...wouldn't you feel a little more "on edge" than usual?

LOL! Not if he was waiting patiently in line! I know it happens, but they also get caught most of the time. Someone waiting in line is not a very good bank robber, probably doesn't have a weapon, and is likely not dangerous.

If I was worried about someone in line behind me, I would turn and make eye contact and strike up a conversation! If they left, then I would know they were an amateur bank robber!

Besides, like the other poster said, why not pantyhose on my head, or a bandanda, or a Jason mask? I think that would make me a little more uncomfortable than a hoodie! If that BK King was in line behind me, then I would be really scared!

Still, I think banning them is harmless, so I support it. Like I said, they started doing this in my town well over a year ago.

Off Topic,
I always wanted to rob a bank with cream cheese, aluminum foil, a battery, and a voltage meter!! Just for fun, though!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wonderful, just wonderful. My typical winter attire is a military field jacket with my black hoodie underneath (because I never got the liner for the jacket) and any one of my various hats to keep my head warm. I tend not to wear the hood up inside because there is no wind, but the they turn me away from my bank because I prefer to stay warm rather than walk in wearing a TSA-approved hospital gown I'm canceling my account on the spot. Throw in a metal detector and let us retain a shred of freakin dignity!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'd hate to see the feds pass legislation on what is appropriate attire for banking, or for any sort of activity for that matter. Can you imagine getting detained by the police or even issued a summons for wearing a hooded sweatshirt with sunglasses in public, out of fear what you might do? Not that this is anything new for members of the black community who fit the "profile" and get harassed or confronted by police. But a policy like this one would make profiling based on what someone wears legal. It starts out as a ban at banks, then unto other public institutions, then from the streets themselves.

If private institutions want to ban certain types of clothing to ensure their safety or stifle robberies, then I guess that's their prerogative. Restaurants do it, why not banks. But I see no reason the FBI has to be behind it, when the banks themselves can easily handle it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yep, that's always the word from the "GOON SQUAD". If you don't want our finger up the wazoo don't leave the house and don't do any business. So predictable are we.

When I hear stories like this I just think -Some banks deserved to be robbed.

Does anyone really feel sorry for the largest organization of crooks on the planet? Don't let their suits and ties fool you.

It also makes me glad to be an American in America because unlike China, NK and many other places filled with enough NAZI pigs to get away with such ideas - I can say go to hell I'll wear what I want, when I want, where I wan't and they can't do crap about it.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
reply to post by jd140

Yep, that's always the word from the "GOON SQUAD". If you don't want our finger up the wazoo don't leave the house and don't do any business. So predictable are we.

When I hear stories like this I just think -Some banks deserved to be robbed.

Does anyone really feel sorry for the largest organization of crooks on the planet? Don't let their suits and ties fool you.

It also makes me glad to be an American in America because unlike China, NK and many other places filled with enough NAZI pigs to get away with such ideas - I can say go to hell I'll wear what I want, when I want, where I wan't and they can't do crap about it.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by verylowfrequency]

You would think that wouldn't you.

Apparently you haven't heard of the No Shirt, No Shoes, No service rule.

Apparently you have never been to a gas station that prohibits you from carrying a backpack into their store.

So beat your chest and grunt if it makes you feel better. The fact remains that banks can tell you what you can and cannot wear inside their place of buisness.

You don't like it don't visit that establishment.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
this is about control at the end of the day plain and simple
first it will start inside the banks then the machine outside then the sourrounding area. if you stopped hoods and sunglasses you would have to stop other attire aswell but that would never happen!!! ive been in banks where ive looked down the line thinking S*%T whos under that? that could be anyone!!!! so the hoodies are been aimed at to bring in this control. and as for if your wearing a hoodie use the machine outside,the reason i would be wearing a hoodie is because its cold outside!!! so if your so scared of me YOU use the machine outside then if i sneeze and scare you you have lots of ways to run away and hide.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join