It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't Admits Spying on Blogs and Forums

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Who is in real power? The secret government of the world. A multinational co-op intelligence group that works with aliens. THAT is who is spying on the world.

Sure you have the nsa. It has its nose in allot of peoples business that it should not. LIKE AMERICANS BUSINESS. Especially when said people are not terrorists. But get labeled terrorist for saying the word NSA. Like them now watching me for instance, because I wrote their name on a site. Trigger them to watch me* with their Super quantum computers.

So we have two groups. The secret government. A multinational co-op intelligence group using alien ubiquitous quantum computers.. Or NSA.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Azen thorhammer]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

If their actions are benign, why hide or disguise? Why create forums/posts under false pretenses?

I know who's trying to sell me something because they disclsoe their identities.

I inherently distrust government. I detest deception. THIS is the substance of the problem as I see it.

Maybe it's just me, but I like to know who I'm dealing with in most situations.

" ... or maybe it was Utah."

jw

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Azen thorhammer

I do not care who reads what I make public.

I do not believe any government should covertly contact us or try to influence us in disguise.

Regardless of whether they govern in name only, or surreptitously behind the scenes, people in power who deceive to achive their ends are illegitimate and criminal.

jw

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Azen thorhammer

I do not care who reads what I make public.

I do not believe any government should covertly contact us or try to influence us in disguise.

Regardless of whether they govern in name only, or surreptitously behind the scenes, people in power who deceive to achive their ends are illegitimate and criminal.

jw
I live in fear of posting on these sites as then you are red flagged. The secret government could do some trauma based mkultra on you now. You put a big red x on your self THEY will # with you. They did me.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I agree that it's not a good thing. But I don't think you should just take anyone at their word when they haven't earned your trust anyway.

Like when I'm on the net, I wouldn't say anything I wouldn't say in a public place and I don't trust anyone more than I would a complete stranger on the street.

On paper the government should keep to it's job, working for us, but at the same time we shouldnt use it as a scapegoat for being gullible fools either. Everyone should be aware of their environment and act intelligently.

Maybe the bottom line is how do we get our governments back to doing their job, instead of interfering with our lives? We need some real changes across the board, but who knows when/if that'll come

[edit on 8/10/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

What's next, gov't. blogs posing as benign forums, but trolling for "subversives?"

You think that doesn't happen every day?
The FBI can come up with a big honking file on every blogger or poster it decides to look into.

If any of us were ever investigated by the Govt. to make a Mc Carthy era style case then every post we'd ever made would be pulled and reviewed for incriminating evidence.

The first thing they do with criminals is scour their computers and then scour every site they are a member of for particapatory evidence as well as make a list of those with whom the suspect has interacted.

It's textbook.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Good, I'm glad there are as you say "spying" ...
Save me time writing letters telling them of their jackassery.

Oh and btw, if they tell you, it's not spying ... it's browsing.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

What's next, gov't. blogs posing as benign forums, but trolling for "subversives?"

You think that doesn't happen every day?
The FBI can come up with a big honking file on every blogger or poster it decides to look into.

If any of us were ever investigated by the Govt. to make a Mc Carthy era style case then every post we'd ever made would be pulled and reviewed for incriminating evidence.

The first thing they do with criminals is scour their computers and then scour every site they are a member of for particapatory evidence as well as make a list of those with whom the suspect has interacted.

It's textbook.
Very true. I plan to make a topic on this.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

When their identity is hidden, it is spying. In any case, it is deceptive.

Government deception is not what we were promised, or what we authorized in the Constitution.

jw

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Government deception is not what we were promised, or what we authorized in the Constitution.

jw

If hidden aliases is spying, then we are all spies.

There is nothing wrong with them browsing websites and such. As mentioned, you shouldn't be trusting what people say on the internet anyway, so they should not be an issue. Is there a real difference between that and someone who posts the same opinion freely? In the end, not much.

I'm a bit torn because I don't really like the posting under alias parts, but I find nothing wrong with them reading things, nor do I find it wrong for them to post and such.

What I think really needs to be watched out for are agent provocateurs. IMO, that is the greatest threat from these types of things and also the most despicable.

[edit on 8/10/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Erm guys, 99% of us are posting under aliases.

Does that mean we are spying or being deceptive?

Now, it they were planting disinfo then it's a whole other story.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Is is just me, or does anyone else find it rather peculiar that the USAF even has a CIC? Is the CIA, NSA, & FBI too busy chasing down "terrorists"?

"the cell is made up of as many as nine people who analyze piles of data pulled from the Internet and other sources to determine whether the Air Force's message is being heard"

What "message" are they sending and what message was meant to be portrayed by flying AF-One trailed by two F-16s to take some pictures with Ms. Liberty??

"The presidential plane took off for New York from Andrews Air Force in Maryland accompanied by two F-16 jet fighters. The purpose of the flight, which wasn't publicly announced, was to get new photos of the specially modified Boeing 747 with the statue in the background.

"The mission quickly became a public relations disaster"

Mission?, I think photo op would of been a better choice of words. Freudian slip??

Makes you wonder what the mission really was. . . . . . .

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

reply to post by schrodingers dog

The US government should not be engaged in domestic deception. Period.

They exist under the powers given them under the Constitution. I've not seen a "Right to be lied to" in the Bill of Rights. I know it doesn't exist in the enumerated powers.

I don't care what they gather in public. There's no "reasonable expectation of privacy" in most public places according to the supremes, and I can live with that.

Reading posts is not spying.

Government covertly influencing or enticing action is a step too far for me.

jw

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

jw

Then according to your logic everyone who ever posted on the internet not using their real name is also spying.

You must be a spy.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

This is about the United States government, not civilians. You haven't read, or do not understand what I've posted thus far.

The government has undertaken an effort not only to monitor the net, but to covertly influence its content.

Would you be happy knowing that the "friend" or co-worker you've been talking to, and who has started several discussions with you, maybe even encouraged you to say things you may not have otherwise, turns out to be a government agent, whose job is to gather information from you and influence the way you act or think?

Wouldn't you feel you've been treated unfairly?

Is this what you want your government doing?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The US government should not be engaged in domestic deception. Period.

They exist under the powers given them under the Constitution. I've not seen a "Right to be lied to" in the Bill of Rights. I know it doesn't exist in the enumerated powers.

I don't care what they gather in public. There's no "reasonable expectation of privacy" in most public places according to the supremes, and I can live with that.

Reading posts is not spying.

Government covertly influencing or enticing action is a step too far for me.

jw

I don't disagree with you really.

Like I said before, posting as an alias and the manner in which they responded I do not like at all. But like if they went to some blog, seen an article that was false, and responded to the article with valid information and such - I don't think I have a problem with that.

There is a difference in those 2 things, and one of them I don't have a problem with.

Influencing and enticing action is the agent provocateur thing. That stuff is something these forums do not allow me to really express without getting edited.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It would be a LOT cheaper for the Government to

STOP doing stuff that is negative in the first place, and
then you wouldn't have to SPY on your own citizens to see how peeved off they are with you.

Should not people who spy on American's be considered HOSTILE and a TREAT to the people of the U.S.A?

<< 1   >>

join