It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perseid Meteor Shower to Yield 80 Meteors an Hour?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Perseid Meteor Shower to Yield 80 Meteors an Hour?

news.nationalgeographic.com

he Perseid meteor shower will have to fight it out with a bright moon for visibility this year, but astronomers are still predicting a dazzling show.

From any vantage point in the world, you might see more than 80 meteors an hour streak across the sky during the best viewing time, when the moon's glare will be weakest—late Tuesday night and into the wee hours of Wednesday, local cloud and lighting conditions permitting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i posted in space section to but i figured..if i put here allso maybe you all will get ya butt's off the pc and go watch it Tuesday night.lol

should be one heck of a show.

80 a hour it say's
thats a good meteor shower at least the best i will have seen in my life time.

news.nationalgeographic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Perseid Meteor Shower Viewing Tips
The moon will provide some interference for the Perseids, at just over half full and rising around midnight. The best advice: Look away from the moon—and all other lights—so your eyes stay as dark-adapted as possible. To see the Perseid meteor shower, bring a blanket to a place away from city lights and lay on your back, taking in as much of the sky as possible. The Perseid meteors will appear to originate in the northeastern sky, near the constellation Perseus, and to shoot off in all directions, said Brian Skiff, an astronomer at Lowell

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
i posted in space section to but i figured..if i put here allso maybe you all will get ya butt's off the pc and go watch it Tuesday night.lol

As mentioned, there is another thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any futher questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join