It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humble yourself before God - Josh Hamilton (I am second)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I KNOW I am not perfect...yet you seems to go by the belief that just because you believe in "god" that you are right with your point of view.....

I present another point of view...that there is NO "god" and that blind faith is dangerous.

Please explain to me how bowing before yourself turns into having one's head up their a$$....please explain to how that works....all it seems you are doing is insulting someone who's point of view you do not subscribe to.

So let me get this right, I am ignorant because I know that christianity is a belief that has different denominations which are groups which have different beliefs from other groups within the same faith. They might have something in common but other major differences. How does that make them the same?

because they all believe in Christ right ?? then the ARE a group albeit connected loosely.

you said it yourself......

.....from other groups within the same faith
same faith...same grouping.

AG

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
I KNOW I am not perfect...yet you seems to go by the belief that just because you believe in "god" that you are right with your point of view.....

I present another point of view...that there is NO "god" and that blind faith is dangerous.

Please explain to me how bowing before yourself turns into having one's head up their a$$....please explain to how that works....all it seems you are doing is insulting someone who's point of view you do not subscribe to.

So let me get this right, I am ignorant because I know that christianity is a belief that has different denominations which are groups which have different beliefs from other groups within the same faith. They might have something in common but other major differences. How does that make them the same?

because they all believe in Christ right ?? then the ARE a group albeit connected loosely.

you said it yourself......

.....from other groups within the same faith
same faith...same grouping.

AG

If you know you are not perfect then why are you saying that people should bow down to you?
I on the other hand have never said you must believe in god or anything even remotely like that nor has anyone else in the thread.

Well you are insulting me with your generalistic views and possibly other people. Think im not going to dish it back?

Your grouping the denominations into one, if there were no denominations there would be one group with no different beliefs.

Well if the world was as clear cut as that, every single human being is a murderous, savage beast in a nutshell because your splattering tar all over the place with the same brush.

The head up the ass thing was a joke, hence why I said sarcasm earlier. If you bend over to yourself in a bow, think about it, there is only is one of you.

What makes you think all faith is blind?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Well you are insulting a lot of people including myself with your generalistic views.

and someone saying to humble yourself before 'god" is insulting to me.

Your grouping the denominations into one, if there were no denominations there would be one group with no different beliefs.

to me all denominations are as one...I do not believe in "god" therefore all religions are as one.

Well if the world was as clear cut as that, every single human being is a murderous, savage beast in a nutshell because your splattering tar all over the place with the same brush.

Humans ARE murderous, savage beasts.....take away their basic needs and watch what happens.

Sure I paint that tar over all.....when I see on a daily basis people using their faith and religion to further thier own selfish desires then they all get lumped into the same definition......when people go beyond their foolish religions and work together instead of taking the soapbox proclaiming their faith as a "true" faith then real change will happen.

The head up the ass thing was a joke, hence why I said sarcasm earlier. If you bend over to yourself in a bow, think about it.

text does not translate sarcasm & jokes well.

because those who have a faith and religion are believing in something that has yet to manifest itself....if I believe in Superman does that make him real ?? will he suddenly fly thru the air.....or if he fails to fly thru the air is it because I did not have enough faith ??

faith does not make something real.

all it does is in my point of view is make them all lemmings going over a cliff because the rest of the pack is doing so.

AG

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Well you are insulting a lot of people including myself with your generalistic views.

and someone saying to humble yourself before 'god" is insulting to me.

to me all denominations are as one...I do not believe in "god" therefore all religions are as one.

Humans ARE murderous, savage beasts.....take away their basic needs and watch what happens.

Sure I paint that tar over all.....when I see on a daily basis people using their faith and religion to further thier own selfish desires then they all get lumped into the same definition......when people go beyond their foolish religions and work together instead of taking the soapbox proclaiming their faith as a "true" faith then real change will happen.

The head up the ass thing was a joke, hence why I said sarcasm earlier. If you bend over to yourself in a bow, think about it.

text does not translate sarcasm & jokes well.

because those who have a faith and religion are believing in something that has yet to manifest itself....if I believe in Superman does that make him real ?? will he suddenly fly thru the air.....or if he fails to fly thru the air is it because I did not have enough faith ??

faith does not make something real.

all it does is in my point of view is make them all lemmings going over a cliff because the rest of the pack is doing so.

AG

Yes we disagree but the one thing that I do have to say is that just because something has not manifested itself for you does not mean it has not made an effect on anyone else.

If god did manifest itself in the sky that would still have sceptics, people would be saying it was an alien.

Like I said though, you will come to a door in your life but only you can walk through it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by XXXN3O

It is up to you to prove he exists. Go ahead. Show me Satan's birth certificate, drivers license, high school diploma, government service records, or any other evidence that Satan exists.

Weak people need Satan to blame for their problems.

The guy lost his career and his parents at the same time...

I don't think he was blaming anyone but himself, but he was clearly pointing out what started his downward path towards addiction and how it felt to fight it.

I'm not trying to prove that Satan exists to you.

I'm not trying to prove that God exists to you.

I'm trying to show you a man that has learned how to be humble.

In my opinion, if you are going to label people as "weak" while proclaiming yourself as "strong".... Then you sir are not a humble man...

But humbleness, in my opinion, comes with age, trials & tribulations...

ANd I'll tell you this... Satan needs people like you to believe he doesn't exist. Call it want you want, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there are evil forces in this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join