It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humble yourself before God - Josh Hamilton (I am second)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

This story seriously makes my eyes water. I can completely relate to his story, and I know many others here on ATS can too. For me, the story serves as reminder that when all else fails, you just have to let go, and let God do the work for you. You don't have to be a Christian to humble yourself before God, but I can assure you are going nowhere without the belief in a Higher Power.

Recently Josh Hamilton had a relapse and some incriminating photos were leaked to the public.

It Happens.

You are going to fall at certain times in your life. The trials and tribulations of life are different for all of us, but we all something in common: The Devil knows your weaknesses.

How do you fight an enemy that knows you so well? How can you defend yourself against an evil that knows your weaknesses? I tell you one thing, you won't be victorious in your battle without help of God.

I wish you all well in these days of uncertainty, and all I can suggest is that you identify the only enemy that truly exists... and that is yourself. Give yourself to God and the Devil will Flee.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I thought this thread would of gotten atleast one response. It's a good video.

Anyway... Bump.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

You are going to fall at certain times in your life. The trials and tribulations of life are different for all of us, but we all something in common: The Devil knows your weaknesses.

How do you fight an enemy that knows you so well? How can you defend yourself against an evil that knows your weaknesses? I tell you one thing, you won't be victorious in your battle without help of God.

I wish you all well in these days of uncertainty, and all I can suggest is that you identify the only enemy that truly exists... and that is yourself. Give yourself to God and the Devil will Flee.

Simply nonsense, and quite insulting really.

Interesting story in the video though.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sorennn

How do you figure that this is "insulting"?

I think it's an awesome testimony to how life, society and satan can beat us down to where we think we are hopeless - only to find that Jesus is standing right there beside us - if we will just let Him in.

I had never heard this story - thank you to the OP for posting. It reminds us that mankind isn't alone, and does have hope - if we choose to.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
thanks OP for bringing video to our attention.

Yeah it hits home. Been there, ok not a baseball player, but having everything only to throw it away to drugs.

I know MANY people who have been hit themselves down, but the crazy thing about humanity is that we always get back up. And the most tough, the most crazy SOBs were only able to get back up by believing that there is a GOD. Not one is a christian or otherwise. But they did find GOD, if you will.

People who say there is no GOD dont know what they are talking about. They just have not had the opportunity to be introduced.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
People who say there is no GOD dont know what they are talking about.

It's hard to know what your talking about when it comes to fake mythical creatures,

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Beautiful...

I have had the same experience. I had a sick child and was trying to do everything I could. The right treatemnts, the right doctors, the right everything, worrying day and night, being vigiliant...I was at the end of my rope. So I prayed before God and said "I can not do it anymore...I hand it all over to you and your will be done-be that life or death, I know You know better than I".

At that moment I had a mystical experience that led me to believe my prayer had been received, and I could expect a response. Two weeks later (On All Saints day-my child would pray a litany to the Saints every night for intercession) my child received a clean bill of health...the illness had inexplicibly disappeared. Our family has now tried to humble our selves in more the daily choices we make and we can feel God will working in our lives.

We have moved to a more humble home, we buy fewer new clothes, we worry much less about things...choosing what we need over what will make us have higher status...because there is no higher status than being in the hand of God.

[edit on 8/13/2009 by Missing Blue Sky]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

god is unknowable...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Good story and if people do it this way, all the best to them. Although i'm not writing of the millions of non-believers that went cold turky from whatever and toughed it out.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I would prefer "god"....if "it" exists...to humble itself before ME.

If I am created in "it's" image then I am "god" and "it" should bow to me before I send "it" to hell (lets see how "it" likes it)

but since there is no "god" I will have to settle for mere humans to bow before me.

AG

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
I would prefer "god"....if "it" exists...to humble itself before ME.

If I am created in "it's" image then I am "god" and "it" should bow to me before I send "it" to hell (lets see how "it" likes it)

but since there is no "god" I will have to settle for mere humans to bow before me.

AG

Wow, what an "ego".

Bet you an ego like that leaves you empty inside, thats what an "ego" does.

Especially when the ego is filled with lies.

No offence towards you but nobody said the truth doesnt hurt, I say this only because I have been there and you will be shown the door at some point, only you can choose to walk through it though. Never helps to have some preparation in advance.

Good luck on bowing down to yourself before you even think about god.

(warning - profanity)

[edit on 13-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

He we go again...

Another thought provoking thread being derailed by people going off topic. If you do not want to discuss the results people get from this type of philosophy...please do not chime in.

Like wise I do not come into UFO threads and chime in my opinion"You are all crazy- there is no such thing" So have some respect for other points of view.

A thoughtful response would be, "since I do not believe in God, I have a very different experience which is...."

I know this is skunk works, but why all the hostility?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Wow, what an "ego".

No offence towards you but nobody said the truth doesnt hurt, I say this only because I have been there and you will be shown the door at some point, only you can choose to walk through it though. Never helps to have some preparation in advance.

(warning - profanity)

I have no ego and I don't believe in "god" so why should I have to humble myself before anything ??

this 'god" everyone talks about sounds like a fool to me....or an absentee landlord who wants his rent yet never shows up to fix the problems.....I laugh at all those who put so much into their faith on a blind assumption that "it/god" exists.....and personally I get a hugh kick out of sheep who have something weird happen to them and they instantly cry out 'miracle"......if 'god" is so powerful why must he be so "mysterious" ?? it seems strange to me that "it" sends signs like "jesus in a cornflake" or "jesus burned into a piece of toast"....yea..real powerful !!

if you have a faith...Great ! but keep it to yourself....nothing is more exhausting then a bible thumper who feels he/she must "save" the world.

You assume my "ego" is filled with lies ?? what lies do you speak of ?? do you somehow know what "lies" I am filled with ?? did "god" tell you this in your Alphabits cereal this morning ??

Bowing to myself is much more preferable than bowing to some supposed metaphysical entity.

does an ant when it dies get to go to heaven ?? if all life is sacred then ants should get to heaven too right ?? but what if the ant kills another ant...does it go to hell ?? do microbes get to go to heaven ?? they are life and they are intelligent.......

Blind faith in an unseen & absent power is a slippery slope.....and it only leads downhill....look at the Heaven's gate fools...what is the difference between them and other highly religious people ??...just their point of view is all.

"god"...what a scam.

AG

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Wow, what an "ego".

(warning - profanity)

I have no ego and I don't believe in "god" so why should I have to humble myself before anything ??

this 'god" everyone talks about sounds like a fool to me....or an absentee landlord who wants his rent yet never shows up to fix the problems.....I laugh at all those who put so much into their faith on a blind assumption that "it/god" exists.....and personally I get a hugh kick out of sheep who have something weird happen to them and they instantly cry out 'miracle"......if 'god" is so powerful why must he be so "mysterious" ?? it seems strange to me that "it" sends signs like "jesus in a cornflake" or "jesus burned into a piece of toast"....yea..real powerful !!

if you have a faith...Great ! but keep it to yourself....nothing is more exhausting then a bible thumper who feels he/she must "save" the world.

You assume my "ego" is filled with lies ?? what lies do you speak of ?? do you somehow know what "lies" I am filled with ?? did "god" tell you this in your Alphabits cereal this morning ??

Bowing to myself is much more preferable than bowing to some supposed metaphysical entity.

does an ant when it dies get to go to heaven ?? if all life is sacred then ants should get to heaven too right ?? but what if the ant kills another ant...does it go to hell ?? do microbes get to go to heaven ?? they are life and they are intelligent.......

Blind faith in an unseen & absent power is a slippery slope.....and it only leads downhill....look at the Heaven's gate fools...what is the difference between them and other highly religious people ??...just their point of view is all.

"god"...what a scam.

AG

You do realise that the post you just wrote is full of ignorance?

Christianity alone has over 50 denominations yet you look at christianity as a group. What makes one person "highly" religious and another person "lowly" religious? Even that is ignorance.

Anyways I know your filled with lies because ignorance and lies go hand in hand.

Dont ask me, god told me in my cornflakes this morning like you say.

If you bowed to yourself your head would end up in your own anus if you think about it?

Like I said, good luck with bowing to yourself.

As for insects and animals etc, in the bible it explains it. Read it if you are interested, dont ask me because then I would be ramming it down your throat or a bible thumper like you say.

Thanks for the laugh though.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Satan is a scapegoat for human weakness. Own your sins instead of blaming them on a mythical creature.

GET UP OFF YOUR KNEES AND ACT LIKE MEN!

[edit on 8-13-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

This threads getting better by the minute.

We already have a guy with his head up his ass in an attempt to bow to himself telling others that belief in god is a slippery slope and now we have a vagina whisperer telling us satan is make believe.

This is getting funnier by the minute.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
only the ignorant cry "ignorance"

Christianity alone has over 50 denominations yet you look at christianity as a group

it IS a group....they are all still christians right ??

if anyone has the head up their a$$ it is you.

let me guess...your right no matter what right ?? typical "christian" rhetoric. "I am right and you are wrong because my faith says so"

what utter BS.....can you smell what you are shoveling ??

AG

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

It is up to you to prove he exists. Go ahead. Show me Satan's birth certificate, drivers license, high school diploma, government service records, or any other evidence that Satan exists.

Weak people need Satan to blame for their problems.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

only the ignorant cry "ignorance"

Christianity alone has over 50 denominations yet you look at christianity as a group

it IS a group....they are all still christians right ??

if anyone has the head up their ass it is you.

let me guess...your right no matter what right ?? typical "christian" rhetoric. "I am right and you are wrong because my faith says so"

what utter BS.....can you smell what you are shoveling ??

AG

So let me get this right, I am ignorant because I know that christianity is a belief that has different denominations which are groups which have different beliefs from other groups within the same faith. They might have something in common but other major differences. How does that make them the same?

I dont know if you seem to have a problem detecting sarcasm, my god does not tell me I am right. Actually its the opposite, I can admit my failings but this is not one of them.
The whole point of believing in god for many people is accepting that you are not perfect.

Hence, ignorance on your part.

Nah I cant smell what I am shovelling, maybe your smelling something though.

We can take a coin all day and flip it and it will land on either side but the real question here is, can you take your head out of your ass now that you have bowed to yourself?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by XXXN3O

It is up to you to prove he exists. Go ahead. Show me Satan's birth certificate, drivers license, high school diploma, government service records, or any other evidence that Satan exists.

Weak people need Satan to blame for their problems.

Thats only from your perspective, I personally blame myself for anything I do wrong so I cant speak for anyone else with that. Thats the whole point of life to me, learn from mistakes.

I cannot prove that satan does not exist or that it does but I can prove that the world is based on a lie if you want an explanation that is.

Have a read if it interests you...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join