It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enron's Kenneth Lay is/was Vice President & Treasurer of the World Bank?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok, I know this sounds weird but I was poking around on the World Bank website (I like to see who's on the board, etc.. of these various organizations) and was looking at the organization chart dated 7/6/2009 and saw the name Kenneth Lay as Vice President & Treasurer reporting to Vincenzo La Via, CFO.

World Bank Organization Chart dated 7/6/2009

That totally took me by surprise because we all know who Kenneth Lay is right?

en.wikipedia.org...

Kenneth Lee "Ken" Lay (April 15, 1942 – July 5, 2006) was an American businessman, best known for his role in the widely reported corruption scandal that led to the downfall of Enron Corporation. Lay and Enron became synonymous with corporate abuse and accounting fraud when the scandal broke in 2001. Lay was the CEO and chairman of Enron from 1985 until his resignation on January 23, 2003, except for a few months in 2000 when he was chairman and Jeffrey Skilling was CEO.

On July 16, 2002, Lay was indicted by a grand jury on 11 counts of securities fraud and related charges.[1] On January 31, 2006, following four and a half years of preparation by government prosecutors, Lay's and Skilling's trial began in Houston. Lay was found guilty on May 25, 2006, of 10 counts against him; the judge dismissed the 11th. Because each count carried a maximum 5- to 10-year sentence, legal experts said Lay could have faced 20 to 30 years in prison.[2] However, he died while vacationing in Snowmass, Colorado on July 5, 2006, about three and a half months before his scheduled October 23 sentencing.[3] Preliminary autopsy reports state that he died of a heart attack caused by coronary artery disease. As a result of his death, on October 17, 2006, the federal district court judge who presided over the case vacated Lay's conviction.[4]

So, I thought maybe there's another executive somewhere with the unfortunate name of Kenneth Lay.

No other people came up on searches of that name - just the corrupt one that we know of. If someone is named Vice President & TREASURER of the World Bank wouldn't you think that their resume or, at very least, some mention of them would be online somewhere? If it is I haven't been able to find it.

But then I found this (I added the bolding):

www.dailykos.com...

In Washington, Dick Cheney, the Vice President-elect, was on the phone with Ken Lay.

Months of uncertainty had followed the November presidential elections, with the Bush and Gore camapigns fighting it out in court over the razor-thin margins of victory in Florida. Now, with Bush declared the victor, the Administration was assembling its Cabinet.

A number of candidates had already been selected--including Don Evans, the campaign's national finance chairman and an old friend of Lay's, to serve as Commerce Secretary. Lay himself had interest in one particular job, which was why Cheney was on the phone to Houston this day.

"Ken," Cheney said, "I'm sure you know, we've been seriously considering you for Treasury Secretary."

Lay could already tell the news wasn't good.

"The President has decided that with he and Don Evans and I all from Texas, all from the energy business, things were getting a little top-heavy. Nominating a fourth person that was in the energy business and from Houston would probably create too many problems."

"Well, I certainly understand, Dick," Lay replied.

Lay wasn't all that disappointed, though. He didn't lust for Washington. He was happy staying Enron's chairman.

It's curious that, if this is THE Kenneth Lay, he would still be on the org chart because it's been updated very recently (dated 7/6/2009) and because he reportedly had a heart attack and died 10/17/2006, thus causing all of the charges against him to be vacated. Even more curious, is the fact when you look at all the online biographies, resumes and newspaper articles on his background there is NO mention of the World Bank.

So... WHO is/was the World Bank's Vice President and Treasurer??

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Not the Enron guy:

Link

Earlier in his World Bank career he served as director of the Bank's operations in several countries in Southeastern Europe and as head of its financial sector practice. Prior to joining the World Bank in 1982, he was an enforcement lawyer with the U S Securities and Exchange Commission, heading its branch of corporation finance enforcement.

Mr. Lay also serves on the World Bank Group Pension Finance Committee. He is a member of the State Bar of California and holds a Chartered Financial Analyst designation from the CFA Institute.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Lol

I really did search for this guy. I promise. lol, geesh, how embarassing.

OMG, I feel really, really sorry for this guy. My apologies to him too.

Lol, I guess it's time for me to shut up now.

Now, that I know all is well with the world, I can go scrap wallpaper off of my bathroom walls.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

new topics

join