It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mommy bloggers' vow to avoid ethical conflicts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

'Mommy bloggers' vow to avoid ethical conflicts

www.cnn.com

As of Monday, people from more than 880 blogs had signed the site's pledge, in which bloggers promise to disclose material relationships, policies and business practices, and let readers know the difference between editorial content and advertising.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
In a nutshell mommy bloggers are so well read, that they are getting advertisers to not only send them stuff... lots of stuff.

So their partiality as it relates to universal "mommy goods" comes into question.

I think this is at least a nice ceremony where they can come together in the spirit of impartiality. And who knows maybe they can keep it that way.

Just imagine having something like that here on ATS for the various issues we have, from known hoaxes to political sniping...

www.cnn.com

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

In a nutshell mommy bloggers are so well read, that they are getting advertisers to not only send them stuff... lots of stuff.

So their partiality as it relates to universal "mommy goods" comes into question.

I think this is at least a nice ceremony where they can come together in the spirit of impartiality. And who knows maybe they can keep it that way.

Just imagine having something like that here on ATS for the various issues we have, from known hoaxes to political sniping...

www.cnn.com

Simple question for you. Do you believe that the truth of a statement has anything to do with who makes it or that they might profit by it?
ALMOST everything I do is hopefully to the benefit of me or my family in one way or another, even this post.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

Good point!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

'Mommy bloggers' vow to avoid ethical conflicts'

As a blogger myself, I have to think that this is both too late and perhaps, the result of mommy's who should have been paying attention to the blog concept.

The original idea of the amateur journalist was to offer opinion and news in a way that was above the rancid MSM. To even accept this kind of reward system violates most every concept that made blogging worth reading.

Of course, it is nothing today to see so-called blogs that are owned and operated by that same Main Scream Media or already corrupted by corporate reward.

No symp[athy here, sorry.

new topics

top topics

join