It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abnormal behavier in Saturn's rings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What smashed into Saturn's rings?

This is one of the latest pictures returned from the remarkable human achievement that is the Cassini spacecraft, a probe the size of a school bus that has been orbiting the ringed planet since 2004. It’s returned one incredible picture after another, and lately — as Saturn’s orbit has brought it to a point where the rings are nearly edge-on to the Sun — things have gotten not only spectacular but also really weird.

The rings are incredibly thin, only a few meters in thickness despite being hundreds of thousands of kilometers across. Over the past few months, as the Sun shines almost straight into the rings (instead of down on them), every bump and irregularity sticks out like, well, like a tree in the desert. Weird gravitational effects from Saturn’s fleet of moons tune and resonate the countless particles making up the rings, creating beautiful waves and ripples.

But this, this is something new.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Read more from source

Pictures;

More/Better pictures

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am very excited about this, and look forward to hearing more about a possible explanation.

Give your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Could this be what they are talking about?

NASA Cassini Image: Sawtooth Shadows On Saturn's Rings

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Great find.

From my Untrained eye it looks to me like a traveling celestial body passing through the rings. Cool pics.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Very beautiful pics! TY for posting them

First thing that comes into my mind is 'a possible mining vessel' behaving funny
but hee, I saw Robert Dean's Lecture and heard one of his theories

My Q is: what can be so HUGE that it is so very well be visible by the Cassini?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
it's the USS Enterprise on it's maiden voyage.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Last couple weeks... Jupiter gets hit, Venus gets hit, and now Saturn's ring gets hit. And I think the Sun got hit about a month ago by 4 evenly spaced spots in a straight line. Gonna be interesting as the debris density of the galactic plane increases, in front of the Solar system's movement.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

We're being attacked, we just haven't realized it yet.

Those were rangefinding shots.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes, I think that's what they are talking about, it's caused by Saturn's moon Daphnis.
Another image of Daphnis in Saturn's rings.

What I find interesting is how one of the rings seems to leap across the gap where the Moon is at and is then smoothed out and straightened. This seems like a strange reaction to that moon's gravity, of course I'm assuming that Dephnis is moving at a different rate than the rings.

The shadows from the rippling of the ring material that's caused by the moon Dephnis reminds me of sound waves similar to the radio waves recorded from Saturn.
Radio Waves recorded by Cassini.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have always wondered if the Hexagon located on Saturns North pole was a sign of what may live on the mystery planet. I questioned what could cause this to occure current assumptions:
1. 6th planet 6 sided polygon like a bat signal COMMUNICATING to surrounding planets (I know its deep)
2. What creatures create 6 sided polygons in there everyday life on Earth Honey Combs(SPIDERS_BEES_HORNETS_WASP & could a simular civilization larger exist on Saturn W/ INTELLIGENCE) right I am a deep thinker
3. Is there some type of *VORTEX* passage on Saturn like a worm hole planet.
Dont know whats in these pics but it is interesting I am happy they seem to be done hidding.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

I think your on to something with your post Larryman you left out earth being hit as well, its in my sig.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Saturn's rings are function of electromagnetic forces.

The notion that these rings are the creation of gravity as modern science purports is total nonsense.

For a real explaination, look here.

The particles that make up Saturn's rings are charged and act as a dusty plasma. They are held around Saturn in their shape by Saturn's plasma torus, not gravity.

The white spike seen in the image is most likely an electrical discharge phenomena, as are the "spokes" that have been seen in the rings.

So we have a white spot on Venus, a dark spot on Jupiter, and now a large distended object protruding through Saturn's rings. I'd also like to note that Saturn has a history of flaring up with its own white spot, just as Venus has done.

ALL of these phenomena have a rational explanation in plasma cosmology.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Daphnis takes about 14 hr 15 min to complete one orbit in which time its inclination causes it to move up and down by about 17 km. This would seems to be the cause of the rippling effects we see. Could this also be the cause of the strange radio signals recorded from Saturn? The shadows in some of the images reminded me of sound waves in a way and I thought about the strange sounds that planet produces, there seem to be somewhat of a similarity between the two.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Saturn's rings are function of electromagnetic forces.

The notion that these rings are the creation of gravity as modern science purports is total nonsense...

...ALL of these phenomena have a rational explanation in plasma cosmology.

Please explain in detail how electromagnetic forces cause this rippling of the rings in the vicinity of the moon Daphnis as seen in this picture:

If these are plasma discharges, why are these and other ring anomalies (such as the braided "F" ring) always associated with a gravitational body, such as Daphnis in the case of the first photo, and the two "shepherding moons" associated with the braided ring:

Please explain how the electromagnetic theory can be used to describe the braided ring (and all the while ignoring the gravitational fluctuations caused by the shepherding moons that just "happen" to be there, just like Daphnis "happens" to be in the vicinity of the wavy ring.)

[edit on 8/11/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Don't encourage him, Soylent.

The last time I broke wind there was an EU nut standing behind me holding a gold-leaf electrometer in the way of the blast.

[edit on 12/8/09 by Astyanax]

new topics

top topics

join