It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology founder is a fraud: Times exposes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard made up his qualifications along with his religion, as shown by secret documents released to the Times.

Hubbard bought a sham college and then awarded himself a PhD from it, according to files released by the National Archives after a request by the paper under the Freedom of Information Act.

The founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard, was exposed as a fraud 30 years ago by British diplomats who were investigating his qualifications.

The science-fiction writer, who invented a religion now followed by celebrities such as Tom Cruise, awarded himself a PhD from a sham “diploma mill” college that he had acquired, the diplomats found.

The papers include a signed statement by a former senior Scientologist who said that he had been informed of the doctorate scam by one of Hubbard’s collaborators.

Source: www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 9-8-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Wow this will be interesting to watch i don't think much will come of it tho people who follow scientology will claim its fake in my opinion but will never realize their religion was based mostly on a book but hey you never know

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I live in Tampa Florida, and their main HQ is in Clearwater Florida about 15 minutes away. I see these fools dressed in their blue shirts walking around like robots all over Clearwater.. Scientology is dying a slow death if you ask me.. There definitly isn't the masses I use to see in downtown anymore. Also the St Pete Times did a great 3 part story on David Miscavige(I'm not sure how to spell his last name) anyway three of his top liutentants have left the church and have told damaging stories about what a complete nut case he really is.. If you want to read the stories go the St.PeteTimes.com he would actually attack people and do all night b*tch sessions about how to make the church far more profitable. People are jumping ship fast there..

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard made up his qualifications along with his religion, as shown by secret documents released to the Times.

And they had to do a full investigation to figure that out

LOL

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

OZ said it all for me..... hah

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well, for what it's worth, my cousin dated a guy who said he was with Paul Twitchell (Eckankar) and Hubbard (Scientology) in San Diego in the 50s and listened to them talk about how they where going to get rich by creating fantasy religions. Both where sci-fi writers. I believe the guy that started Est had relationships with the Jesuits. It's rebirth certainly seems to. I can imagine just like Rock and Roll was cultivated by the Illuminati so where these cult gurus like Jim Jones and appear to have been testing and refine the brainwashing process. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of this process.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Godhood

never realize their religion was based mostly on a book but hey you never know

A book is basically all that holds up the 2 or 3 popular religions that first come to my mind.

Can't wait to see how the zombies over at the Church of Scientology react to this.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Anonymous did a real number on scientology over the course of their raids. Granted the raids are a cesspool of fail and faggotry now, it did in fact set the stage for the slow death of the religion.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
HaHaHa! Maybe Chef will read that write-up and come back to South Park. What is faggotry man?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As far as i am concerned EVERY religion is based on fraud! not just scientology. They are all used to control people and most of them are nothing but money making schemes, christianity being perhaps the most evil example of this. People should really start to think by themselves, not to believe everything some pedophile choir-boy banging priest tells them to think.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

Can't wait to see how the zombies over at the Church of Scientology react to this.

When I was a teenager I worked in Hollywood Cal back in the day they had a large location there I would see these clowns walking around in their little sailor suits I still dont know what the deal was with that.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Your source isn't working anymore?
Conspiracy?!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This is something that you mighty find interesting . Sounds true to me and I cant see why Harlan would make it up.
entertheoctopus.wordpress.com...

[edit on 9-8-2009 by bluemooone2]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Hubbard was such a shady character that even a clear headed person looking at scientology only approved manuals could see he was a manipulative, greedy, egomaniac. The brainwashing process they put members through apparently causes them to overlook all the flaws in their worshiped leader, the religion all in all teaches the members to worship him as not only a god but thee god, it's beyond messed up, but I think all members with an ounce of common sense and free will can build up the courage to break free from the brainwashing techniques, it's those that regularly participate in the brainwashing techniques that are least likely to break free, such as Tom Cruise, he is so controlled he isn't himself anymore, and since he's donated millions, and honored with awards making him an important church leader, he probably couldn't leave if he wanted to. His level of OT supposedly he is able to control everything in his personal life, yet he got fired, that may have caused him to lose a little cult-faith, but I'm sure his people told him it was Hubbard's will, so he could form the Scientologist production company, a company that will no doubt produce a great deal of crap.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The damning thing is that many things that he has written made sense.

This is how "they" work.

Take what makes sense or truthful and add a bit of lies and present it to the populace.

I had a dog and his name was BINGO!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Ha you got me there friend I'm not a religious person was just posting without fully thinking that statement thru i guess your totally right there are many religions bases upon books and scripture that could be in question but Scientology is just plain weird to me.

join