It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer left behind as suspects steal cruiser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Officer left behind as suspects steal cruiser

www.cbc.ca

Two men who were arrested by the RCMP during a traffic stop in central Alberta managed to steal a police cruiser and speed away.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This brings to mind so many amusing keystone cops old black and white TV shows I watched as a kid sitting in front of a black and white TV of course.

The last line in the story got me good:

The officer and both suspects were treated for minor injuries.

I imagined them all going to the hospital after this bizarre situation unfolded. The fact that it was the RCMP just made it that much more Keystone Cops like in my mind.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
SO they stole his horse?

lol

Why didn't the officer put the suspects in the backseat?

Or did he, and the vehicles do not have the barrier thing like most police cars?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Huh, I always thought the RCMP just had horses. Shame on me, i'm even a canadian citizen.

Dudley do wrong

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This RCMP guy will never, ever, live this down. Unless he singlehandedly saves the country from a terrorist attack (or something equally awesome), he's always going to be the guy whose vehicle was stolen. Plus, no matter what else happens, he's going to be in trouble with his bosses for at least a while. I feel sorry for this guy...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ha ha!I I have an old friend. By that I mean he became a friend a long time ago and we are now old. lol. He was in Hyde Park, in Cincinnati, Ohio quite a few dacades ago. He was just walking down the street minding his own business. Meanwhile a cop stopped his car and went into a business establishment to get something to eat. And the cop left his car running with the doors unlocked and his lights flashing. My friend, who is quite the joker tot this day, got into the car, turned off the flashing lights and drove the car a few blocks and parked it. Took the keys and tossed them in the sewer and walked back to that business. The cop was quite surprised. He had to go back into the business and use the pay phone and call the police. lol. Heh, Yeah, they found the crusier and called a locksmith to make a key. lol. Freakin fun with police. lol
All for a piece of pizza and I am god. lol. Yeah, remember they guys in Cincinnati a few weeks ago who were handcuffed and put in the back seat of a police cruiser and the cop came back and one of them was smoking a cigarette and the other was smoking a cigar, and still handcuffed.

Come on cops, you gotta be bettern than this, without tasers/

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

If you could please link me to the cigar and cigarette one, I would greatly appreciate it chuckingly!

lol

top topics

join