It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Threatens Limbaugh Over Obama Criticism

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Obama has never been challenged - he had no opposition in his race for the senate, from a one party state. I dare the White House to be arrogant enough to think they can threaten Rush or any other American voice.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

At the same time, the political group ‘Health Care for America Now,’ which counts the President and Vice President among its supporters, has "instructed Democrats to confiscate signs and leaflets brought to Obamacare events by “rightwing extremists,” that is to say Americans opposed to totalitarian health care," as Kurt Nimmo reported Friday.

www.infowars.com...

Now this is interesting...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21

At the same time, the political group ‘Health Care for America Now,’ which counts the President and Vice President among its supporters, has "instructed Democrats to confiscate signs and leaflets brought to Obamacare events by “rightwing extremists,” that is to say Americans opposed to totalitarian health care," as Kurt Nimmo reported Friday.

www.infowars.com...

I'm getting tired of these copy and paste politics.

Grow a pair and make your own point.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra
Obama has never been challenged - he had no opposition in his race for the senate, from a one party state. I dare the White House to be arrogant enough to think they can threaten Rush or any other American voice.

en.wikipedia.org...

2004 U.S. Senate campaign
See also: United States Senate election in Illinois, 2004

In May 2002, Obama commissioned a poll to assess his prospects in a 2004 U.S. Senate race; he created a campaign committee, began raising funds and lined up political media consultant David Axelrod by August 2002, and formally announced his candidacy in January 2003.[56] Decisions by Republican incumbent Peter Fitzgerald and his Democratic predecessor Carol Moseley Braun not to contest the race launched wide-open Democratic and Republican primary contests involving fifteen candidates.[57] Obama's candidacy was boosted by Axelrod's advertising campaign featuring images of the late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington and an endorsement by the daughter of the late Paul Simon, former U.S. Senator for Illinois.[58] In the March 2004 primary election, Obama won an unexpected landslide victory with 53% of the vote in a seven-candidate field, 29% ahead of his nearest Democratic rival, which overnight made him a rising star in the national Democratic Party and started speculation about a presidential future.[59][60]

In July 2004, Obama wrote and delivered the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston, Massachusetts.[61] Though it was not televised by the three major broadcast news networks, a combined 9.1 million viewers saw Obama's speech, which was a highlight of the convention and elevated his status as a star in the Democratic Party.[62]

Obama's expected opponent in the general election, Republican primary winner Jack Ryan, withdrew from the race in June 2004.[63] Two months later, Alan Keyes accepted the Illinois Republican Party's nomination to replace Ryan.[64] A long-time resident of Maryland, Keyes established legal residency in Illinois with the nomination.[65] In the November 2004 general election, Obama received 70% of the vote to Keyes' 27%, the largest victory margin for a statewide race in Illinois history.

en.wikipedia.org...

-----------------------------------------------

Deny ignorance my friend.

TSer

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Just wonderful. I've said it many times on here and I'll say it again, everything I read Obama related pisses me off!

And what does he mean by thin ice? What happened to free speech?

And BTW I'm not a fan of Limbaugh whatever I think hes rediculous with a lot of his views although I kind of do consider myself conservative, but still this is BS.

Like those old bush bumper stickers that said dump dubya, I say dump bama (lol, ok I know that was REALLY corny)

[edit on 9-8-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

[edit on 9-8-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kords21

www.infowars.com...

Well if true that would be a criminal conspiracy coordinating organized theft and assault.

That too sounds to me like a violation of the RICO Act, running a criminal enterprise!

That technically is life in prison.

While it's doubtful such a thing would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law or at all, unless of the unfortunate instance that such activities end up leading directly to someone's death or dismemberment...

What it does show is a very disturbing lack of respect for other human being's boundaries, rights and properties.

I dare say that the person who attempted to 'confiscate' something from me without a badge and a gun and clear cut law or warrant signed by a judge permitting it would likely find it the most regretful thing they had ever attempted to do.

Could it be that these cowardly communist cretins issue such edicts to their rabid brain dead minions because they do know that most of the protesters are elderly and close to infirm and would pose little physical resistence or threat in the blatant and public theft of their personal property?

It's beginning to look more and more like Congresses first act when returning to Washington should not be Health Care but impeachment of the President of the United States.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here it is from their own website:

Collect signs and leaflets that are not provided by you or your organization. Another way to limit protesters’ ability to hijack your event is to confiscate signs or leaflets that they may bring into the venue from outside. The best way to do this is to make a blanket rule that no one can bring signs or leaflets and to advertise this fact as you do turn out in the weeks preceding the event. You can distribute your own signs in the event and offer them one as they enter if you choose to allow them to enter.

healthcareforamericanow.org...

This is very disturbing to me and as long as these kinds of activities go on, I fear the country is "on thin ice" and it seems that the Obama administration are the ones who keep turning up the temperature.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Kords21]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SaraThustra

Calm down, princess.

The White House hasn't threatened anyone. They said Rush is on thin ice. They didn't say they would stop him from talking on his show, did they?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra

Excuse me?

Obama has never been challenged? How long did the campaign last?

How many scare tactics were thrown at America, EVEN BY THE DEMS!

Are you saying Hillary didn't challenge Obama?

You must have been watching a completely different campaign than I, because every candidate who ran for the 2008 election was indeed challenged by their opponents and the pundits.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TSer78

Keys was imported and placed as a candidate in order to have a Republican candidate on the ballot. That is not opposition, and Keys did not receive any support from the Republican party, Illinois or otherwise. Hardly a legitimate challenge, Keys was not even from Illinois.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OK, the explanations in words don’t seem to cut it for some.

Here is a picture of THICK ICE:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0fb0f2185d5.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a picture of THIN ICE:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35886d49cebc.jpg[/atsimg]

If you “Walk on Thin Ice” the ice could break open and you’d fall into the cold water and likely drown or suffer hypothermia.

ON TOPIC:

The Press Secretary used a "figure of speech" sometimes called a euphemism or colloquialism to make a point in a conversational manner. Without threat or intent of malice. He was making the case the rhetoric is an argument of last resort. A weak argument, like weak, thin ice.

(The accusation in this thread title reminds me of that clear liquid that oozes out of the mustard bottle before the yellow stuff comes out.) I kept waiting for the threat, it never materialized.

Regards. . . KK

[edit on 9-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by lee anoma

Okay the White House says that Rush is on thin ice.

If you don't see that as a threat then what do you think Gibbs meant by it? Please enlighten us as to what he could have possibly meant.

If Rush suddenly becomes depressed and commits suicide or has a sudden heartattack, maybe peeps will see what they mean by it.

I will sure be suspicious.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I replyed on those threads as well and said the same thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderfulWorld

And what race is that exactly>??

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

Are you a republican??? Answer that question then we'll talk.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I invoke Godwin's law.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BriggsBU

I second that notion.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

LOL That Gibbs guy is a complete joke. How the HELL did he even get that job? Everyone in Obama's cabinet has that shifty-eyed weaselly look to them. And Rush is off-base with his comparisons to Hitler. He's more like Stalin if you ask me.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TSer78

Obama's expected opponent in the general election, Republican primary winner Jack Ryan, withdrew from the race in June 2004.[63] Two months later, Alan Keyes accepted the Illinois Republican Party's nomination to replace Ryan.[64] A long-time resident of Maryland, Keyes established legal residency in Illinois with the nomination.[65] In the November 2004 general election, Obama received 70% of the vote to Keyes' 27%, the largest victory margin for a statewide race in Illinois history.

Well, technically, I guess you could call that opposition. Ryan, of course withdrew because of allegations that he forced 7 of 9 of Star Trek fame(his wife) to accompany him to sex clubs. The "landslide" victory by Obama was a result of a "punt" by the Republicans, in letting carpet-bagger Keyes run, when no one wanted to run, after the scandal, in fear that their name would be tainted also. Keyes became the sacrificial lamb, in an election that had already been lost. Let's call it as it was, not as you would have liked to to be. There was no REAL opposition. Obama, has indeed, had a free ride, all the way to the WH. Bush insured that.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
If Rush suddenly becomes depressed and commits suicide or has a sudden heartattack, maybe peeps will see what they mean by it.

I will sure be suspicious.

So true.

Plus don't forget Wanda Sykes put a liver fail wish on his kidneys.

Voodoo black magic spells leave no trace.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join