It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli prime minister convenes urgent security forum Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Israeli prime minister convenes urgent security forum Friday

www.debka.com

According to the official statement, prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu and his security cabinet of six were briefed on Middle East developments at a special session Friday, Aug. 7. DEBKAfile's military sources report that an unusually large number of officials were brought together, indicating that an out-of-the-ordinary security development was afoot. They included the chief of staff, Lt. Gen. Gaby Ashkenazi, military intelligence chief Brig. Amos Yadlin, Mossad director Meir Dagan, Shin Bet ch
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ok has anyone heard any thing about this? The first thing that comes to mind is that they are about to launch the attack on Irans Nuclear facilities, and are having the final meeting to brief officials etc... hmmm, other possibilities include Hezbolah of course.. or it could be Hamas up to mischief in the Gaza strip. Maybe it's a combination of all three?

Quote - "an unusually large number of officials were brought together, indicating that an out-of-the-ordinary security development was afoot."

An out of the ordinary security development!!! Sounds serious... worth keeping an eye on how this develops.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think they will launch on Hezbo first and go ahead and deal with that threat then move to Iran instead of hitting iran and then having to deal with them and hezbo at the same time.

If Israel goes ahead and deals with hezbo Iran wont jump into the fray, BUT if Israel hits Iran first then they will have to deal with all of them and Hamas as well more than likely all at once.

Israel is being very strategic about this.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think this is about increased tensions on the northern border with Lebanon.

From JTA:

The hourly news reports on Israel Radio on Friday afternoon prompted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to convene a meeting between senior Cabinet ministers and top security officials to assess "the security situation." Lebanon's military commander reportedly is reviewing troops in the south of the country, near Israel, and warning them of a potential conflict with Israel.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ok I just found this article... may have something to do with this sudden Security meeting...

Link to article

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
I think this is about increased tensions on the northern border with Lebanon.

From JTA:

The hourly news reports on Israel Radio on Friday afternoon prompted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to convene a meeting between senior Cabinet ministers and top security officials to assess "the security situation." Lebanon's military commander reportedly is reviewing troops in the south of the country, near Israel, and warning them of a potential conflict with Israel.

Yes i believe you could be right. Tensions on the northern border could boil over at any minute. I think that Israel wants to deal with Hezbolah before it strikes Iran.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I think they will launch on Hezbo first and go ahead and deal with that threat then move to Iran instead of hitting iran and then having to deal with them and hezbo at the same time.

If Israel goes ahead and deals with hezbo Iran wont jump into the fray, BUT if Israel hits Iran first then they will have to deal with all of them and Hamas as well more than likely all at once.

Israel is being very strategic about this.

I think that a massive war is going to break out soon, which will result in Damascus being destroyed, and bringing Russia and Iran against Israel in a combined attack. I think it will start with Israel attacking Hezbolah. This whole thing could explode any minute now.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Might not only be Lebanon that Israel is aiming for:

Israeli strike on Iran just a matter of time?

From the link:

Despite all diplomatic efforts the US has undertaken to dissuade Israel from striking Iranian nuclear facilities, the attack now seems virtually inevitable.

In light of Israel’s recent military preparations, it can only be a matter of when.

The recent visit of Defense Secretary Robert Gates to Jerusalem only proved Israel is determined to act, taking “no option” off the table regarding Iran’s nuclear program.

“This is our position. We mean it,” Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said, pointing out at the same time that the current priority should be diplomacy.

When it comes to the US mediating role, diplomats appear to have used up their tools.

“Mr. Obama has no new strategic thinking on Iran. He vaguely promises to offer the country the carrot of diplomacy – followed by an empty threat of sanctions down the road if Iran does not comply with US requests. This is precisely the European Union’s approach, which has failed for over six years,” American diplomat John Bolton, former US Ambassador to the UN, wrote in the aftermath of the meeting in The Wall Street Journal. “There is no reason Iran would suddenly now bow to Mr. Obama’s diplomatic efforts, especially after its embarrassing election in June.”

Calling the outcome of Gates’ visit to Israel “polite but inconclusive”, Bolton says, “It will be no surprise if Israel strikes by the year’s end.”

Indeed, recent actions from the Jewish state – including long-range air force maneuvers and the recent movement of Israeli warships and submarines through the Suez Canal – are eloquent enough.

As for Iran, it shows no sign of halting its nuclear ambitions. Rejecting calls to curb its uranium enrichment, it continues to insist the program is for legitimate energy needs. This makes Israel believe that, in just a few months, Tehran will produce enough uranium for a warhead. However, Western intelligence has put that capability several years away.

Meanwhile, Hezbollah has put up to 40,000 rockets on the Israeli-Lebanese border and is training its forces to use ground-to-ground missiles capable of hitting Tel Aviv, The Times reports.

“Hezbollah’s rearming is in the name of resistance against Israel. The real reason, however, probably has more to do with its ally Iran. If Israel carries out its threat to attack Iran’s nuclear facilities, the main retaliation is likely to come from Hezbollah in Lebanon,” the British newspaper writes in its online edition.

Video of interview with Bolton and more in the link.

So John Bolton predicts an Israel war on Iran by year's end.

Is he right or is this just wishful thinking on his behalf?

One thing that is well known: August has nice weather for a war.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Regensturm]

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Yes I read that latest report regarding Mr.Bolton.. I believe that the strike on Iran will occur after a false flag terror event, like 9/11 but bigger... perhaps something like this.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Not going to get into yet another pointless debate about this, but Israel doesn't do false flags. They have enemies that attack them, and funnily enough they're the same enemies that the US and Europe have.

Of course when Israel does get attacked, you'll claim False Flag and reject their right to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Not going to get into yet another pointless debate about this, but Israel doesn't do false flags.

Right.... so that is why even 60 min found IDF soldiers hidden in Palestinians home.

Is Peace out of Reach

That's pretty hard to ignore... even when 60 min finds this so easily.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by savetimerushonline

Not going to get into yet another pointless debate about this, but Israel doesn't do false flags. They have enemies that attack them, and funnily enough they're the same enemies that the US and Europe have.

Of course when Israel does get attacked, you'll claim False Flag and reject their right to defend themselves.

Well alot of people believe that Israel had a hand in the events of September 11. Even if not directly, they would have influence over the powers that did orchestrate it. I mean it stands to reason that 9/11 worked for Israels advantage, as it disabled Iraqs ability to attack Israel.

top topics

join