It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Wondered? Part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Thanks to all for their replies to the first thread, glad you folks dug it and took the time to reply...Ok, let's dive in!

1) When a person with multiple personality disorder dies (and presuming spirits remain behind); does each personality have a separate spirit?

2) Rather morbid, I know, but would it be possible to harvest spiritual energy as a source of clean fuel?

3) Would you rather meet your great-great-grandkid or great-great-grandparent (point is, you wouldn't have met them in your lifetime).

4) No insult intended to anyone...Considering the fact that holy water is blessed; if one were to drink, say, a shotglass...Would this make you invulnerable to vampires? If so, for how long? On a similar thought, would drinking holy water, make you 'holier' than before?

5) Ever had the thought that you can remember being born and thinking something along the lines of, "Okay, this time, I'm doing it right!"

6) Ever had the thought that you're just a small step/moment away from seeing life through someone else's eyes? Weird to explain, but that's the only way i can explain.

7) Ever had any of these 2 dreams? (1)Flying? (Awesooommmme) and/or (2, my personal fave) Breathing under water.....

8) Which would you rather be- alien/vampire/werewolf/spirit?

9) I'm still watching you...lol

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Some of these questions are silly, but I'll give it a go for a few of them.

1. "Multiple personalities" is considered, at least by shamans, to be a "loss of soul" caused by trauma or injury. "Loss of soul" means that a piece of the soul becomes trapped in that traumatic event, not able to fully participate with the person's main personality. The trapped piece of soul may function like a faint echo of the person at that age.

When the person dies, his various soul pieces would once again rejoin the main personality.

2. Highly unlikely. You'd be trying to harness spiritual energy to perform physical work. If this wasn't voluntary, you'd be enslaving souls to work for you. Maybe it could happen if a soul needed to be "punished", but that would be really stretching things. Basically I think that spirit and matter don't mix well.

3. This is kind of a dumb question, IMNSHO. Anyway, I have no offspring, so I'd have to go with the grandparents. But truthfully, they would be complete strangers to me, so I wouldn't be interested in them.

4. I think this question would make more sense if there were some compelling evidence that vampires or werewolves exist, and that holy water has any effect on them to begin with. I don't see that holy water would have any effect on these critters.

5. No.

6. No.

7. Yes to both. But since I'm afraid of heights, my flying dreams have me skimming over the sidewalk at about a foot off the ground.

8. Another dumb question. How could anyone know what they'd prefer, unless they had experience with each so they could compare? Anyway, I *am* a spirit.

9. No, you're not.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Hiya Chiron,

Thanks for your reply to my thread...In retrospect, I totally agree with your comment on my 8th point...hahaha.

Cheerio,

evlom

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

1) When a person with multiple personality disorder dies (and presuming spirits remain behind); does each personality have a separate spirit?

Call me crazy, but I believe that many people with MPD may be possessed. When the body's gone, the demons/evil spirits/whatever don't have a vessel to dwell in anymore, so they'll be gone too.

2) Rather morbid, I know, but would it be possible to harvest spiritual energy as a source of clean fuel?

In a way, I think that's what zero-point energy is; so if you want to call it "spiritual energy," then yes.

3) Would you rather meet your great-great-grandkid or great-great-grandparent (point is, you wouldn't have met them in your lifetime).

Great-great-grandparent... and then I would try to learn everything I could from them about simple living with no electricity. I think we might need it at some point.

4) No insult intended to anyone...Considering the fact that holy water is blessed; if one were to drink, say, a shotglass...Would this make you invulnerable to vampires? If so, for how long? On a similar thought, would drinking holy water, make you 'holier' than before?

Don't think so, on both accounts.

5) Ever had the thought that you can remember being born and thinking something along the lines of, "Okay, this time, I'm doing it right!"

No. But I did have some kind of blurry memory of being born. Of course back then I was pre-verbal, so there weren't any conscious, "grown-up" thoughts.

6) Ever had the thought that you're just a small step/moment away from seeing life through someone else's eyes? Weird to explain, but that's the only way i can explain.

Yes, and I've had those experiences. Usually only for a fleeting moment, but quite interesting. What I used to have quite often when I was still engaged in all kinds of spiritual practices and had learned to kind of "watch" my emotions come and go: I often had the feeling to stand next to my body and watch myself being emotional. E.g., I could cry and at the same time observe myself crying in a totally detached way.

7) Ever had any of these 2 dreams? (1)Flying? (Awesooommmme) and/or (2, my personal fave) Breathing under water.....

I've had very few flying dreams in my life, but they're great when they occur. As for breathing under water, I've had one experience of that in REAL life. I was about 8 or 9 and at a swimming pool. I swam under water and was in a very relaxed state. I swam and swam and swam... until all of a sudden I realized that I hadn't come up to breathe for a very long time, and realized that I was actually breathing under water! At the very moment that realization kicked in, I got jolted out of my relaxed state and had to come up for air immediately. I've never been able to repeat this, but I know other people who've had the same experience as kids.

8) Which would you rather be- alien/vampire/werewolf/spirit?
Neither, really, but if I had to, I'd be a friendly alien from a beautiful, peaceful planet.

9) I'm still watching you...lol

So what am I wearing?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Call me crazy, but I believe that many people with MPD may be possessed. When the body's gone, the demons/evil spirits/whatever don't have a vessel to dwell in anymore, so they'll be gone too.

Not to sound like a b*&#% but it's this kind of thinking that makes me mad. Both my mother and my boyfriend suffer from MPD and to see the daily struggles they encounter is heartbreaking and has nothing to do with religion at all.

new topics

top topics

join