It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City leader making shelters for easy pickup to FEMA camps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

"They've come to us about building an above-ground shelter, and we're simply in the discussion stages," he said.
Bumgarner said the shelter would house roughly 1,000 people for 36 hours."They would really be laying or sitting on the floor," he said. "There's no furniture or anything. They'd come in there for 36 hours and go on."

www.zwire.com...

This seems a little fishy. Laying or sitting on a floor, Is this a holding pen for easy pickup by FEMA? 36 hours will not work, if you have nowhere to go you wouldn't listen to them and would try your best to stay there longer. Did they ever think about this problem?

Depending by the disaster, this shelter will fill up in notime, instead of FEMA soldiers looking for people on the streets, they could fill up their trucks, head to the FEMA camps and by they time they come back for more, it would be filled up again.

Just think for a bit. If you where responsible for making a plan for a quick and easy way to round-up people to FEMA camps, would this be a possible plan in your books?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

My plan would be to give out the FEMA camp locations as having try out for America Idol there, and kill two birds with one stone. At least, that's my dream, and we all need dreams.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm not seeing it. There's some city in Mississippi where FEMA is thinking of building a staging area for 1000 people. And?

I haven't been able to find out *which* city this is. However, I don't see anything very sinister about creating a temporary refuge for 1000 people in one city.

True, it *could* be a way of gathering people before taking them off in trucks to FEMA camps. Heck, it could even be a way of doing that before taking them off to extermination camps. Maybe they're going to gas those people, just like the Nazis did. Or enslave them, force them to work on plantations (after forcing them to have their flu shots, of course).

But maybe it's just a way of ensuring that hordes of people don't have to bake in the sun in a sports arena, in case there's an emergency. Ideally this shelter would have indoor plumbing that works, running water to drink, and who knows? Maybe even food to be given to people during the emergency. That's way more than they had in the arena in New Orleans.

I'm just not seeing anything too scary with this. Maybe if they put up thousands of these throughout the country, in every major city, with barbed wire and guard dogs and stuff. But so far, it sounds like they're just places to go for refuge, places that the city officials are hoping will look like the rest of the architecture in the city. Doesn't sound bad, from what you've posted.

new topics

join