It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Director John Hughes Dead at 59

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
(CNN) -- John Hughes, the producer, writer and director whose 1980s films such as "Sixteen Candles," "The Breakfast Club" and "Some Kind of Wonderful" offered a sharp-eyed look at teenagers and their social habits, has died, according to a statement from his representative. He was 59.

Hughes died of a heart attack while taking a morning walk in Manhattan, according to the statement.

Hughes, who was also a prolific screenwriter and producer, was at his peak in the 1980s, when his films -- which starred young actors such as Molly Ringwald, Judd Nelson, Anthony Michael Hall and Jon C(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I just saw this and thought I would pass it along. John Hughes directed some of the best movies of my generation. Movies such as National Lampoon's Vacation, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Uncle Buck, Home Alone and its sequel Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

RIP JH

AM

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Man, thats sad. That guy was a great film director. Loved his work.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Crap, how sad. As a huge fan of the 80s, it hurt to read this. Especially so soon after Michael Jackson passed. Home Alone was a huge part of my childhood too.

RIP John.
I'll watch one of your movies in your memory.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I do not see why this is in the "Alternative Breaking News" discussion board.

Sad story, may he rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Okay. Sad. A guy died. He was prolific in the 1980's and onwards as a director. Um............okay. Cody Diablo will now go on to be an even more prolific writer, producer and director in this guy's wake. All is not lost. We have this guy's work. My condolences to his family and friends and fans. By the way, a former mayor of Danville, Ky died recently.

new topics

top topics

join