It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV genome entirely decoded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This discovery is indeed a great one and this will enable us to create vaccines for AIDS. The HIV genetic code can now be looked into and if we know how the virus operates then HIV could be eradicated from this earth.

The genetic code of the virus, once we understand it, will enable us to make changes to the genetic code of the virus and then future mutations will not cause AIDS.

Scientists say they have decoded the entire genetic structure of HIV-1 - the main cause of Aids in humans.

They hope this will pave the way to a greater understanding of how the virus operates, and potentially accelerate the development of drug treatments.

HIV carries its genetic information in more complicated structures than some other viruses.

Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well that is good news. I only hope they dont use this information to make it some super virus that cant be treated since they know the make up now. I personally believe they have a cure for AIDS/HIV but they would rather keep that for themselves because they make more money that way.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I believe HIV vaccine has been kept secret by the elites for a pretty long time.

It's like knowledge say how to build nuclear weapon. In the early days, countries depend on spies. Now nuclear technology is no longer secret. Only a matter of obtaining right resources and location to build a plant.

Sooner or later, general public can buy HIV vaccine. But more complex and dangerous virus may emerge for whatever reason.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
I believe HIV vaccine has been kept secret by the elites for a pretty long time.

It's like knowledge say how to build nuclear weapon. In the early days, countries depend on spies. Now nuclear technology is no longer secret. Only a matter of obtaining right resources and location to build a plant.

Sooner or later, general public can buy HIV vaccine. But more complex and dangerous virus may emerge for whatever reason.

I concur. Whole-heartedly.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I really dont know what to make of this.

Scientists say they have decoded the entire genetic structure of HIV-1 - the main cause of Aids in humans.

That doesnt sound like the person who is writing the report is to confident that they are telling the truth for some reason. There are so many very respected Nobel prize winning scientists saying that HIV dosent cause AIDS its hard to know what to believe

top topics

join