It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about oracle cards...not tarot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So I was at a store today and they had this little fish bowl full of tiny cards I was looking at, I kept turning them around and they all said either determination or excellence; it got so bad I thought they all said the same two things and was getting angry, I mean I had like twenty or so cards turned up and they all said determination or excellence. Then the girl behind the counter a few seconds later pulled out her own and read it it had neither determination or excellence...don't remember what hers said, but the point is mine always said those two words. So I asked what they were, cause I really didn't know. She told me they were oracle cards but didn't explain anything else. I never asked her what they meant that I kept turning up the same thing to the point of twenty cards turned up saying those same two things...so I never found out what it could mean. Has anyone seen these before? Does anybody have an idea what it was telling me?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I found an online version here.

has the cards amd explanations.

link

wiki

there seem to be many different types of decks, unless you know the name of the deck it could take a while locating the cards you drew and their meanings

decks

further info here

[edit on 6-8-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

They are sort of like the ones she had at the store, however,
no determination or excellence in the link you provided, though so still of no help. But thanks so much for answering. Maybe It's a certain kind I will research the other kinds.

Haha, you added more as I was posting. It may be worse yet, they may have been the store's own version Sheesh!

[edit on 6-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 6-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

We used to sell them in the store that I used to work at

I don't know of the specific ones which were used, because there are many types of oracle cards. Some can actually be very similar to Tarot cards but without the typical deck features- but they can be used the same way.

So unless we find the same deck that was used, it will just be inference. That's why words are used, they are pretty self-explanatory. It's not like Tarot where the meaning is really specific for a card.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I think they used the words to be self explanatory, but I was just not sure if I will need this or if I need to be determined to reach excellence, or if it even meant I am there already? I really should go back tomorrow and ask, as the circumstances were very odd, too. I mean all twenty cards Turned right side up said one of those two words, how likely is that?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well i read some stuff on these, and it seems like the serious oracle card users recommend that you take the meaning based on instinct. Meaning just determine what those two cards mean to you, that will be the correct answer.

Also most drawings are over 3 card, with up to 8.

i think you should got back to the store and pull one more out

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I use a Doreen Virtue deck of Oracle cards and mine has no "excellence" or "determination" in there. .

I actually find them very useful - you should pick up a set when you can

Did you search online for various meanings of "determination" and "excellence" through Oracle cards??

EDIT TO ADD: In the book it mentions that the cards work on the basis of the Law of Attraction. The cards that you draw match the vibration of your question or thought pattern. I've found this to be generally true. It's almost like the cards are just spelling out for you what you already feel inside of you. If I were you, I would reflect on the happenings in my life at the moment. Think about the things that you may be feeling anxious about, events that are coming up in your life and apply the advice that you received in the cards to those life events, to the best of your ability. Reflect on what you want and how you will go about getting it. They no doubt hold a special meaning for you, so maybe if you think about it you'll come to realise what they mean??

[edit on 6/8/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

That's the thing, I tried to pull a ton more, they would all say one of those two same words. I took it to mean with determination I can reach excellence, basically my potential, but hell of a lot of good that does me when I have no IDEA in what field they are meaning for me to pursue, as of now I am just pursuing a minial job just like everyone else in this economy that can't find work! So it can't be in what I have been doing for this past year!

Right now I really am not pursuing any goals except to find any kind of income no matter how miniscule, or how much it sucks! I never did anything with my life, so is it telling me to get off my A** and do something? If so, to that; I say, 'no thanks, I'm good'. I never wanted fortune or excellence, I wanted spiritual knowledge. Well, I don't know maybe it has to do with spirituality?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

I am going to see if thereis anything online. Maybe even on the store's website as they may have been store made. I think I will buy a deck myself.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I also edited my last post

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Yes If maybe I meditate on it I could come up with an answer. I am going to try that and check online too.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by phi1618

Right now I really am not pursuing any goals except to find any kind of income no matter how miniscule, or how much it sucks! I never did anything with my life, so is it telling me to get off my A** and do something? If so, to that; I say, 'no thanks, I'm good'. I never wanted fortune or excellence, I wanted spiritual knowledge. Well, I don't know maybe it has to do with spirituality?

Here is my instinct, for what it's worth. Your goals are not worthy of your potential and perhaps you refuse to see that. It isn't about fortune in any remunerative sense. It is about forture and excellence in your fulfillment of your mission in life. You'll know it when you find it and will know it's correct. The main thing is not to set your sights so low. Put no roadblocks in your own path.

Bugger. I don't normally write things like that. I sound like a bloody fortune teller all of a sudden. Well it's an honest thought stream though.

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by phi1618

Here is my instinct, for what it's worth. Your goals are not worthy of your potential and perhaps you refuse to see that. It isn't about fortune in any remunerative sense. It is about forture and excellence in your fulfillment of your mission in life. You'll know it when you find it and will know it's correct. The main thing is not to set your sights so low. Put no roadblocks in your own path.

Bugger. I don't normally write things like that. I sound like a bloody fortune teller all of a sudden. Well it's an honest thought stream though.

Peace

I don't have any goals, I just am happy with having a roof over my head, having my children and I fed and clothed, And I am happy with that. I am not ambitous, not in the least. I really just want to get through this life with as little damage and as quietly as possible. I just don't really care anymore. It's sad, but I just want it to go fast and enjoy life, and not have to put my nose to any grindstone. HAHAHA
Take that politicians, a person who doesn't want things...lol. I don't know, maybe I am too cynic. I just think that anything worth spending your time on should be enlightenment, everything else is just WORK. I don't beleive in work. Not in the climbing the ladder sense of the word, everybody else worries about tht, I worry about the state of my soul.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
oracle cards, tarot, diviners glass, crystal balls.....just ways to get money out of you be playing on the basic need for understanding.

taking a topic into meditation is a much better way of learning about it's true nature and influence. not to mention, the benefits of meditation itself.

to each his own. if the cards fill a need for you then so be it. in my worldview they are a waste of trees and money.

cheers,
AA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Perhaps it is telling you can be a bit OCD about getting things right? You know determined for excellence?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

It's not necessarily about a career. It could be something that once you find it would not feel at all like work (drugery). It may be in the very area that you are interested in, perhaps in assisting others in some way to get on the path as well.

If you're talking about that golden ladder, then yes, I agree that's the most important one to climb.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

You don't pay for these they are set out on the counter for anyone to move around and draw from and to figure the meanings out. If you mean the fact that I said I would think of purchasing some, well, it's like this: I actually liek cards and divining myself, it's been a hobby of mine for the longest time.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I doubt that highly...I am like the total opposite of OCD...lol. But thatnks for the compliment.

but you never know maybe I am in denial?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

It's not necessarily about a career. It could be something that once you find it would not feel at all like work (drugery). It may be in the very area that you are interested in, perhaps in assisting others in some way to get on the path as well.

If you're talking about that golden ladder, then yes, I agree that's the most important one to climb.

That would be very cool,in fact, that would be awesome. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled, huh?

And Yes I was talking about the Golden Ladder.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Perhaps you will become determined for excellence in the future?
That being said I vastly prefer tarot more. My deck does have a bad tendency to answer questions that I have in the background of my mind when I am asking about something else though. But I think that says something about me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join