It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about deja vu experience I had...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
When I was about 13 or 14 i was outside with a couple of my old mates and i started to get deja vu. While I was having it my mate Gareth put his hand up and there was a deep cut in it and he said guess how i done that. He didn't know i was having deja vu at this point and then the weirdest thing happened.. in my mind i seen the deja vu being acted out like a premonition or something and in it i said back to him 'i don't know' then he said 'a pencil' so after that i sorta came to my senses and shouted pencil lol and he asked me how i knew that but i didnt tell him i saw him saying pencil in my mind. All this happened in about the space of a couple of seconds btw.. the thing thats bothering me though is how the hell did i manage that? It's like i saw into the future when i had the deja vu. I've never been able to do it again though :/. Anyone else ever had that happen to them while having deja vu?

thanks for any replies x

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JustLikeSuperman

cool story..

the official explanation of deja vu always seemed a bit odd to me...i sort of think that if the universe is a hologram..a sort of computer program..then its more than possible that deja vu really is just the play back screwing up...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've experienced deja vu many numerous times. I however have never been disturbed during the occurence. Most of my particular occurances were more like...precognitive daydreams. I would see myself doing something one day and the next day I would do it. Deja vu would then strike and I would subsequently be dumbfounded.

In your particular case, I'm not exactly sure what has happened. Can you provide any further details? First case of deja vu? Most frequent types? Etc etc

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm sure it happens to a lot of people, but I hate it when it does. It makes me feel like I'm forgetting something, I'm missing something, or someone is trying to tell me something by showing me an exact scene again.

I can't say I've ever acted upon it on purpose, but only that something inside me really wants to change the outcome...like if I didn't, it would be an obvious wasted opportunity or something, ya know?

This ring a bell at all?

SnF

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
what if sompthing in history changed like you did sompthing diffrent than what was really supose to happen and then you had a vission of what changed then it happened in real life. iv had many deja vu experiences that blow my mind. i seen all 3 of my car accidents 1 week prior to them happening. i had seen 2 of my friends die then ask about them and then find out that same day then died. its creepy i wish i could not have that happen to me. like now the most current deja vu is with my girlfriend, i see all the conversations we had over and over in my head then at some point thy come true.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

This wasn't anything like that, it was just a normal Deja vu where you think to yourself this has happened before. Exept that time i changed the outcome in real life after seeing the end of the deja vu before it actually happened. Thats how i knew he done it with a pencil. When he asked me to guess how he done it the dejavu sorta skipped forward in my head and i saw myself saying "what?" and he replied "a pencil" then i came to my senses in real life after seeing that in my head and shouted pencil with sheer excitment because i realised what i had done lol... i can't really explain it much better than that haha. But all the other times ive had deja vu (i get it quite alot) ive never been able to change it in real life like that from the way ive seen it in my head. Every time it happens to me now though i find myself trying to skip ahead in my mind to see whats comming next but i guess it was just that one time

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

'what if sompthing in history changed like you did sompthing diffrent than what was really supose to happen'

Thats exactly what i did! when i had it, because i was having dejavu at the time im guessing what i saw in my head while it was happening was what was supposed to happen but because i came to my senses and shouted pencil before he got the chance to it changed the outcome :0 and thats what im wondering if anyone else has ever been able to think fast enough while having dejavu to realise whats comming next and change it! WOO finnaly figured out what im trying to say lol

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
if deja vu is ment to be a gap in the chemicals running through your brain or whatever to make you think its happened before, how the hell was i able to see a few seconds into the future to find out the answer to the question he asked me :S

to me, that proves the chemical gap thing is BS :].. i really wish i could prove it to everyone else though :/

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
good question. that would be cool if we could adapt and learn to control it

new topics

top topics

join