It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People flee Chinese town hit by plague

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
apnews.excite.com...

It was unclear if the people who headed out of the town made it past the police checkpoints, which residents say have been set up in 17-mile (28-kilometer) radius around Ziketan, which lies more than 300 miles (480 kilometers) west of Beijing.

Officials at the local and provincial level were unavailable to comment.

Chinese authorities have been in contact with the World Health Organization about their steps to contain the outbreak of plague, a disease that circulates mainly among small animals like rats and mice but can also infect humans.

Very scary!! So this is not Bubonic Plague, it is Pneumonic Plague.

Pneumonic plague is the least common and most deadly form of the disease. It can be directly spread between humans since the bacteria is airborne and can easily be inhaled by those in close contact with infected patients. But if treated early with antibiotics, it is curable.

If the workers mentioned in the article were infected, and escaped the quarantined area and went back to their respective villages, it will be much more difficult to contain!

I was teasing my wife just last week about getting the plague from some fleas our dog brought home! Not so funny now!

There are other threads about the plague, but I didn't see any about the villagers running away from the village, and this is an AP article!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Man Dies from Plague in China

www.abovetopsecret.com...
China seals off entire town after Plague Outbreak

[edit on 4-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Coming soon to a New York suburb near you!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Possibly the very scenario that is coming in our near future?!?

Birmingham may get to be the first example of it according to another thread!

China usually has no problem sealing off a village. I was surprised to read this article with people still fleeing!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
it's started, and now it's a race against time... lets just hope that none of those who have run are infected. This thing is leathal and in small doses is treatable and easy to quarantine (although not today) You put this thing in a city and you stay in doors until its gone. Because if you think your gonna get to the hospital and get anti-biotics then you got no chance, you could queue up uninfected and still be waiting when you die.

This is more worrying than swine flu... and to be honest, we are due a big, big killer disease.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Adono86]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Adono86

Yes, if it becomes widespread, a Hospital is the last place you want to find yourself!

I wonder if my doctor will prescribe me some antibiotics to keep for SHTF scenario? LOL. Maybe I will just tell him I'm sick instead of explaining the survival scenario!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I hate to say this but this one is really worrying me, i have a feeling some american will be over there somehow, get back home to USA and infect us all, or one of the infected who managed to escape gets on a boat gets everyone sick, lands in Boston and infects the whole USA. You know this will spread because like I said before, people don't stay home when they should stay home. Like when they are sick, no one cares anymore, it's really sad!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

or is this just propaganda in order to perform some ethnic cleansing?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

or is this just propaganda in order to perform some ethnic cleansing?

Very possible. China has been tearing down and rebuilding all these villages and forcing people from their ancient homes and lifestyles and making them assimilate into the modern society.

The news out of China about this incident suddenly stopped!

new topics

top topics

join