It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police must shoot to kill, worry later - Cele

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

South Africa's new top cop, Bheki Cele, wants the law to be changed to allow police to "shoot to kill" criminals without worrying about "what happens after that".

Link to Source

Speaking exclusively to Weekend Argus on Friday, Commissioner Cele said the police needed to match the firepower of criminals and use "deadly force".

Cele said the law had placed the burden on individual police officers when faced with using firearms in retaliation, and that he agreed with the Minister of Police that the onus should be on the SAPS as an organisation.

"Don't make it the problem of the individual," he said.

He added that if police were to fight crime seriously, they should not have to carry the burden of worrying about what happens next as a result of their actions.

I am all for police being able to respond to a situation with deadly force, if warranted, but I don't think they should ever be 'free' of the consequences when that force is applied incorrectly, sloppily, or without regard to the safety of innocent people.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hey, now there's a NWO degenerates dream. BAM, BAM, BAMbambam. "We really need to pump him full of lead, he just kept coming at us with that icecream cone"............later to be found out the perp. was 'slow'.....
Good find, star, and flag.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

individual police officers when faced with using firearms in retaliation

The "in retaliation" part is what matters. I think cops should return fire 100% of the time!! I don't think they should be tazering grandmothers and pregnant women, but if someone shoots at them, they could save the taxpayers a lot of money by finishing the job right then!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is nothing new at all. I have spoken to many cops here in new york city and they all shoot to kill. If they feel that their life is threatened, they will eliminate that threat. They aim for the chest. Not arms and legs, that is all bs. They shoot to kill.

top topics

join