It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trillions for the Banks and Big Corporations.... How much did Hurricane Katrina victims get?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They got next to nothing.

I would just like to remind people of this fact. It is sickening to me that in a time of desperation, disaster, and chaos... our government not only failed, but they used the situation to practice Martial Law, quarantines, relocation camps, and they scammed millions of dollars that were intended to go to the victims of this tragedy.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

WASHINGTON — The Federal Emergency Management Agency ignored the law and misused millions of dollars to build two warehouses after hurricanes Katrina and Rita, according to government investigators.

Some of the money FEMA misused should have gone toward Katrina victims in Louisiana, according to a Homeland Security Inspector General report obtained by The Associated Press.

www.alternet.org...

Two Years After Katrina, Billions in Relief Funds Are Missing

The federal government has promised more than $116 billion in recovery aid, but residents of the still-devastated Gulf Coast wonder whether the check bounced.

atlantis2.cbsnews.com...

FEMA Asks For Money Back

FEMA is demanding hundreds of millions of dollars back from Hurricane Katrina victims it says were overpaid, but innocent people with few resources are getting targeted. Armen Keteyian reports.

You know... when I watched the video I posted above, I thought this guy was a piece of $ht (a few years ago). But now, after doing some simple math, and seeing what happened with the bailouts... The man is 100% right

The guy in the video thinks he should get $20,000 to get back up on his feet... That sounds crazy right? Well a quick google search of the "population in New Orleans" tells me that there are 300,000 people living in the area.

Lets say we gave everyone of them $20,000... That's only $6 Billion dollars. Look at the amount of money we've thrown away the past 9 months.

I'm going to rant about this later on today...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The Katrina Conspiracy Speculation Forum should get more love from ATS.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Occurs they . . . they got to be relocated for free.
on another states and 1000 dollar gift card so they could go and stimulate the economy.

Our nations priorities is one of the most screw up priorities in the entire world.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
The Katrina Conspiracy Speculation Forum should get more love from ATS.

people don't care...

for the most part, Americans don't even remember that Katrina actually impacted the Mississippi gulf coast, not New Orleans. I know so many people that are still struggling to put their lives back together since that storm.

Here's what Katrina did to my home town...

katrina footage

top topics

join